Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sioux History

Default Sioux History

After reading these two articles - How can anyone blame the Sioux for being disgruntled with UND and the state?

Shoot everything that wears a blanket...
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408105/

North Dakota's deadliest massacre...
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408104/

Default Re: Sioux History

I've been to this so-called 'battlefield' several times and grew up nearby. There was a museum on site that was burned down a few years ago. I don't believe they ever found out who did it but you can probably guess who is widely expected and I can't say I blame them.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/26688/
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Honestly, I don't see why anyone cares about this.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    WTF? you don't care that a group of Federal soldiers was exterminating Native Americans? So you don't care about the Whole Holocaust thing in WWII either?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

The same could be said about why you care about UND so much that you must troll SS.com incessantly...

In this case, its of historical significance.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Notre Dame delusional comments.....check
    Bill Snyder being pushed to retirement by KSU fans.....check
    This post....Check

What do they have in common? A new record low set with each successive post. Wow!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    WTF? you don't care that a group of Federal soldiers was exterminating Native Americans? So you don't care about the Whole Holocaust thing in WWII either?
    150 years ago? No. Were you guys not aware stuff like this happened?

If the army went up on the reservation NOW and was shooting up a bunch of natives....I would not be very happy.

Not fair to compare this event to the holocaust. That was 6 million Jews being killed in a pretty short amount of time.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.

Not fair to compare this event to the holocaust. That was 6 million Jews being killed in a pretty short amount of time.
    Marginalizing genocide. Nice.

By the by, UND applies the nickname with dignity to consumer items like the Sioux-per hotdog. How dare anybody be offended by that.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Marginalizing genocide. Nice.

By the by, UND applies the nickname with dignity to consumer items like the Sioux-per hotdog. How dare anybody be offended by that.
    Does something that happened 150 years ago belong on the front page(i think it was front page?) of the paper?

Yep and the indians never butchered white american settlers either.........revisionist history at its best. The younger gereration is taught in school to hate their own country.
    White settler bad.......indian always good.....never uneducated savage back in 1800's. We took their land........blah blah blah. What do you think happened all over the populated world for the last several thousand years? Lots of exchanges of land with nasty battles and redrawn borders. Survival of the fittest. And we are all beyond that now........