Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more "Good Luck Friday" chats

Default Re: No more "Good Luck Friday" chats

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    It was Busch League. It basically had no purpose. So someone in NDSU's athletic dept. retired, who gives a rats ass. This is the kind of dribble I would expect to read in my small town paper, not the Fargo Forum. It would have been more appropriate in an inter-office memo, which is about how it read.

Good Luck Friday, for pete's sake, what the heck does that even mean.

Edit: I don't really care what it means.
    Wow having a bad day?
    She is part of the Bison Family. Not as a fan but the family that grows together from working together and actually living what Bison Pride means. She was part of a tradition. She had the players respect that they would go talk to her. She was a confidant.

Wow just wow.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It was Busch League. It basically had no purpose. So someone in NDSU's athletic dept. retired, who gives a rats ass. This is the kind of dribble I would expect to read in my small town paper, not the Fargo Forum. It would have been more appropriate in an inter-office memo, which is about how it read.

Good Luck Friday, for pete's sake, what the heck does that even mean.

Edit: I don't really care what it means.
    We gripe about the news now days and when they actually write a "human interest" story as I believe this would fall into people are put off because that isn't "news" heck this use to be what a lot of the news was in newspapers, generally because they reported the happenings in the local area and only the major events from around the nation and on rare occasions the world. Look at newspapers from early 1900s there were tons of as you say bush league articles in those.

Besides it sounds like it was a pretty big tradition for Bison players to stop by and visit her so I don't know why you have your panties in a bunch over it...

Can't wait until August 30th then we can start talking about firing Bohl and Vigen and benching Brock for Wentz... miss those days

Bart: Joe Banks, 82 years young, has come to this pond everyday for the past 17 years to feed the ducks. But last month Joe made a discovery: the ducks were gone. Some say the ducks went to Canada, others say Toronto. And some people think Joe used to sit down there near those ducks. But it could be that there's just no room, in this modern world, for an old man and his ducks.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Our aunt is awesome, Hammy! Too bad you wouldn't let her brainwash you like she did me! You woulda been ALOT happier... ; )
    Ha - I think she knew we never had a shot to convert me so she didn't try too hard.

dang now everyone knows we're related - although I'm sure no one cares......
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Wow having a bad day?
    She is part of the Bison Family. Not as a fan but the family that grows together from working together and actually living what Bison Pride means. She was part of a tradition. She had the players respect that they would go talk to her. She was a confidant.

Wow just wow.
    Hey, I never said anything bad about this lady. I sure she is a great person and all. I just think the article isn't news worthy, especially in the sports section, and was poorly written, The article is so devoid of information, that I still have no idea what this lady's role with the dept. is/was or what the good luck Friday chant is all about. Not that I really care, though.

My "gripe" is that this article is just poor journalism and not newsworthy, IMO. It reads like it was thrown together in about 1 min. No malice towards anyone.

Hey, I never said anything bad about this lady. I sure she is a great person and all. I just think the article isn't news worthy, especially in the sports section, and was poorly written, The article is so devoid of information, that I still have no idea what this lady's role with the dept. is/was or what the good luck Friday chant is all about. Not that I really care, though.

My "gripe" is that this article is just poor journalism and not newsworthy, IMO. It reads like it was thrown together in about 1 min. No malice towards anyone.
    I do think it is news worthy. Especially to those that worked and knew her for the time she was at NDSU. 20 plus years of talking to the FB team on Fridays. Nice tradition!!!! As far as being poorly written I would have to agree.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Did you read it?
    No, it wasn’t an easy day for the North Dakota State athletic department administrative assistant, whose main contribution was more than handling paperwork.

Case in point came when the football program moved its entire operation to the Fargodome several years ago. Still, the players made it a point to walk over to Klein’s desk in the Bison Sports Arena sports information office for a “Good Luck Friday” chat.

This thread reminds me of one of my dad's favorite sayings "People would complain if their damn ice cream was too cold." Is it THAT big of a deal if this article's in the paper? Will it win a Pulitzer? No but God forbid the newspaper profile locals. I bet it is to her family and players who liked her. You don't have to read it.

BRING BACK SNORTY