Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: thought you'd enjoy a cat's analysis of your shs game ...

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: thought you'd enjoy a cat's analysis of your shs game ...

Quote Originally Posted by OnagaCat View Post
    That 2002 Wildcat team was coming off a 6-6 2001 campaign. Yet they destroyed the FCS champion in the first game of the season. The gap is there - every year.
    Sort of like the gap between KSU and the true elite in CFB. Bitch, your 2013 Fiesta Bowl was over after 12 seconds, you'll certainly recall. Twelve seconds and you realized how completely your team was behind the curve. Stop behaving like you are from the Promised Land of football.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    This is the match-up that will win or lose this game for the Bison, our O against your D. Ironically, these are the two weakest units for both teams. I feel our D will be strong enough to hold KSU's O, but our O has to take advantage of the opportunities our D gives them. If our O can't capitalize, then we lose and (I know no one on Bisonville wants to hear this) we could lose badly. But, if our O can capitalize; move the ball, chew up clock, and put points on the board, then we will win. I have that much confidence in our D.

Really, it will be as simple as that.
    specifically i will go with their OL vs our DL. they return all five starters on the line and they only gave up 14 sacks last season. thats very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Sort of like the gap between KSU and the true elite in CFB. Bitch, your 2013 Fiesta Bowl was over after 12 seconds, you'll certainly recall. Twelve seconds and you realized how completely your team was behind the curve. Stop behaving like you are from the Promised Land of football.
    ^^^^^doesn't recall that KSU was one win from a National Championship game^^^^^ #gapishugebitch

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas State U View Post
    ^^^^^doesn't recall that KSU was one win from a National Championship game^^^^^ #gapishugebitch
    You know who else was? The team that doubled you up in the Fiesta Bowl.

You know who wasn't? The 8-5 team that beat you by 28

Real talk? KSU is maybe 20 spots higher than NDSU. Teens to the 30's

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post

Why so much hate? We can play this game all day. Hell, your team lost to effin Indiana State! At home.

INDIANA STATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post

I know first hand how good both Oregon and Baylor were/are. We play teams of that quality throughout the year, with the exception of KU. That wasn't the point of my response to the thread.

As far as the "real talk".....it's great to speculate on how good NDSU may or may not be in comparison to KSU or any other FBS team. The fact of the matter is....it's just that - speculation, based on the schedule you play. In the final analysis you very well may be that good, but until you play that kind of schedule week in and week out, we'll never really know.

Anxiously awaiting the obligatory link to the 2012 Sagarin ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by OnagaCat View Post
    Why so much hate? We can play this game all day. Hell, your team lost to effin Indiana State! At home.

INDIANA STATE!
    Dude. Larry Bird hit 40 3's that game...nobody would've beaten them that day

Thats the scary part---Cant wait to see the D at full strength again!

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Everyone needs to chill out. Tmcat is right, some of you guys need to get some thicker skin. I thought this analysis was pretty good, furthermore, it was a heck of a lot better than the other FBS teams we played. KU, Minny, CSU fans were totally ignorant. They thought they were guaranteed the win just because they were FBS. IMO, KSU fans have been very fair minded in their approach to this game, and if you really think about it, they are the fans that have every reason not to take us seriously. Even with a lot of attrition, KSU is light years better than the FBS teams we have played in the past. Tmcat has been a very courteous and respectful poster over here, I think he deserves to be treated with more respect than he has been given by some.

We have a good team, no doubt about it. But, good is a relative term. By FCS standards, KSU has a great team. We will need to play flawless football to pull of the win come Aug. 30th. Don't get me wrong, I feel we can do it, but it won't be easy. This will be a damned good game.

For all the KSU fans that watched the replay of our Natty game keep in mind our defense was playing at half speed in that game. The list of injuries/ailments includes: DE Jirik, flu. He was on IV's the morning of the game; DT Perry, out/ACL; OLB Beck, separated shoulder; MLB Olson, appendicitis. He had it removed the day after the game. SS Heagle, out/ACL. All these guys will be back and at full strength for the KSU game. So, if you think the D you saw in the Natty was good, it was only a shell of our full strength D.

Should be a great game.

GO BISON!!!!!!!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    When teams are showing enthusiasm (OK in general), they can either direct it to their own team, or direct it at the other team. 98% of what I've seen from NDSU is directed correctly and internally to their own team and fans, instead of inappropriately directing it to the opponents or opponents fans.

Personally, I don't like that 2 percent. I trust that NDSU coaches correct that 2% when they see it. I saw Kramer (S&C coach) during the NC game doing some educating at times on the sidelines about appropriate enthusiam, so I think the coaching staff cares how the team is perceived by other fans and opponents. I sure as hell hope they care and correct bad behavior.

During the NC game, I was not happy about some of the fan behavior near me, where inappropriate statements were made by NDSU fans about SHSU with SHSU fans hearing those comments. Good sportsmanship in the stands is important to the reputation of any schools and fanbase. I can't imagine how NDSU was perceived by the SHSU fans near me. I should have dome more to apologize or correct what I was hearing. Nothing wrong with being a rabid fan as I am, but sportsmanship and basic kindness is so important in the stands.
    Very well said. Props to you!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    When teams are showing enthusiasm (OK in general), they can either direct it to their own team, or direct it at the other team. 98% of what I've seen from NDSU is directed correctly and internally to their own team and fans, instead of inappropriately directing it to the opponents or opponents fans.

Personally, I don't like that 2 percent. I trust that NDSU coaches correct that 2% when they see it. I saw Kramer (S&C coach) during the NC game doing some educating at times on the sidelines about appropriate enthusiam, so I think the coaching staff cares how the team is perceived by other fans and opponents. I sure as hell hope they care and correct bad behavior.

During the NC game, I was not happy about some of the fan behavior near me, where inappropriate statements were made by NDSU fans about SHSU with SHSU fans hearing those comments. Good sportsmanship in the stands is important to the reputation of any schools and fanbase. I can't imagine how NDSU was perceived by the SHSU fans near me. I should have dome more to apologize or correct what I was hearing. Nothing wrong with being a rabid fan as I am, but sportsmanship and basic kindness is so important in the stands.
    There were SHSU fans at the game? I don't remember that. It was a sea of fucking green and yellow (gold) around me.
    Insert something clever here...