Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: thought you'd enjoy a cat's analysis of your shs game ...

Default thought you'd enjoy a cat's analysis of your shs game ...

it was posted on a k-state premium board by galen92 after watching your championship win replay.

might just be the team they are playing, but it is the same defense every play. 4-3 with a 3 tech to the wide side. cover 2 man. LB's do a good job of recognizing pass and getting back to try to cover the seems. Slot receivers are either covered by the OLB, or combination of safety and LB (if the RB releases to side of LB), or just safety with OLB blitzing.
    Really leaves slot receiver on a LB. Sam Houston never really used the flag route to bring the Safeties out and then attack the middle. They also did not use hot routes when NDSU blitzed (which they did on every play, as you have to do with a man coverage)
    Sam Houston has a terrible right side of the line, especially 77 who is one of the worst pass blockers I have ever seen in CFB. North Dakota has big backs, a good right side of the line and good pulling left guard. QB is big and experienced. They really are going to try and K-state us. I believe they will blitz the HELL out of our young QB's, try to hit like Fresno State behind that. Then try and run the ball and time management us into less possessions.
    Good game plan, with the hope that our defense can be run over (maybe) and our QB can be flustered (assuming you can get to him)
    NDSU is fundamentally sound, but lacks foot quickness. Both with line and RB. DB's are not strong enough to play bump and run, but get away with it with Sam Houston. DL and LB's look good. Fundamentally sound works well to keep games close and frustrate lesser teams, or even teams slightly better than you. They are not on the level of KSU fundamentals. KSU is many steps above them as far as talent. DL will get a good workout in this game.

Oh yeah... and KU sucks!

Default Re: thought you'd enjoy a cat's analysis of your shs game ...

Interesting, we blitz on every play, hmmmmmmmmmm, I guess we will see.

Right side of the line is strong and a good pulling left guard. Yep the left tackle is just a shmuck that can't play football.

can you say take his analysis with a grain of salt. He did get the "might just be the team they are playing" part right though.

Interesting that we are fundamentally sound but not on the level of KSU fundamentals. hmmmmmm

Southern speed?

Quote Originally Posted by tmcats View Post
    it was posted on a k-state premium board by galen92 after watching your championship win replay.

might just be the team they are playing, but it is the same defense every play. 4-3 with a 3 tech to the wide side. cover 2 man. LB's do a good job of recognizing pass and getting back to try to cover the seems. Slot receivers are either covered by the OLB, or combination of safety and LB (if the RB releases to side of LB), or just safety with OLB blitzing.
    Really leaves slot receiver on a LB. Sam Houston never really used the flag route to bring the Safeties out and then attack the middle. They also did not use hot routes when NDSU blitzed (which they did on every play, as you have to do with a man coverage)
    Sam Houston has a terrible right side of the line, especially 77 who is one of the worst pass blockers I have ever seen in CFB. North Dakota has big backs, a good right side of the line and good pulling left guard. QB is big and experienced. They really are going to try and K-state us. I believe they will blitz the HELL out of our young QB's, try to hit like Fresno State behind that. Then try and run the ball and time management us into less possessions.
    Good game plan, with the hope that our defense can be run over (maybe) and our QB can be flustered (assuming you can get to him)
    NDSU is fundamentally sound, but lacks foot quickness. Both with line and RB. DB's are not strong enough to play bump and run, but get away with it with Sam Houston. DL and LB's look good. Fundamentally sound works well to keep games close and frustrate lesser teams, or even teams slightly better than you. They are not on the level of KSU fundamentals. KSU is many steps above them as far as talent. DL will get a good workout in this game.

Oh yeah... and KU sucks!
    Like we haven't heard this before? Could have saved lots of time and just wrote; KSU is great and the Bison have no chance.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Like we haven't heard this before? Could have saved lots of time and just wrote; KSU is great and the Bison have no chance.
    At the very least, he gave it a try.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I appreciated the relatively balanced analysis.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Lol@lacks lateral foot speed

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I appreciated the relatively balanced analysis.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.
    Subliminal message about this guys family tree? (Tatankadonk)
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

i didn't post this to start a flame war but only to present the story from one wildcat fan's perspective. i thought he did a good job breaking down the game film. don't get your panties in a wad over it.

While watching the replay of the championship game, I realized I should have been busting SHSU's chops so hard as it was a close game until the 4th quarter. FWIW, SHSU hung in there with Baylor for 3 quarters and was only down by 1 point with 10 minutes left in that game.
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322590239
    It's OK to not be OK.