Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: thought you'd enjoy a cat's analysis of your shs game ...

Default Re: thought you'd enjoy a cat's analysis of your shs game ...

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    I'll fix it for ya Izzy, your dyslexia must have kicked in again? I believe you meant 9'6" and 837 lbs, this is a more accurate portrayal of the KSU OL average size. Sasquatch got nothing on these guys!
    just to put some meat on the bones, here's how i believe the line will be ...

c finney 6'4" 303
    g whitehair 6'4" 308
    g taylor 6'4" 290
    t stiverson 6'4" 312
    t lucas 6'9" 328
    e mcdonald 6'8" 278

k-state doesn't run the spread unless it's long yardage, so you'll most always see one or even two tight ends on the line of scrimmage. finney and lucas are both preseason all-league.

Hopefully its a close game for both team's sake. Just saw KSU is not ranked in the pre-season USA Today coaches poll. But are 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I don't think anyone questions that KSU is better than the rest of the FBS teams NDSU has played but NDSU is miles ahead of any FCS team KSU has played and even better than a lot of FBS teams as well. These teams are closer together than a lot of people think.
    K-State beat '02 FCS champion Western Kentucky 48-3 in BSFS 8/31/02. So, yes, we have played an FCS championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by OnagaCat View Post
    K-State beat '02 FCS champion Western Kentucky 48-3 in BSFS 8/31/02. So, yes, we have played an FCS championship team.
    I believe that same season Western Kentucky also lost to McNeese State 38-13 and Western Illinois 14-0, looks like KSU might have gone toe-to-toe with McNeese State that year?
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Hopefully its a close game for both team's sake. Just saw KSU is not ranked in the pre-season USA Today coaches poll. But are 26th.
    The poll also has 4 Big 12 teams ranked that KSU beat last year. Good, it will them something to be pissed off about entering the season. I suppose I can't blame the pollsters, however.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcats View Post
    just to put some meat on the bones, here's how i believe the line will be ...

c finney 6'4" 303
    g whitehair 6'4" 308
    g taylor 6'4" 290
    t stiverson 6'4" 312
    t lucas 6'9" 328
    e mcdonald 6'8" 278

k-state doesn't run the spread unless it's long yardage, so you'll most always see one or even two tight ends on the line of scrimmage. finney and lucas are both preseason all-league.
    Looks really similar to NDSU's O-line.
    This is what I came up after a quick check of the roster. I could be and probably am missing something since I am going off the two-deep at the start of last year.

T - Turner OT 6-6 311
    G - Johnson OL 6-4 315
    C - Schueller OL 6-3 299
    G - Gimmestad OG 6-2 302
    T - Haeg OT 6-6 287

Plankers OL 6-7 311 (added in Plankers because I thought I had heard talk of him possibly getting a look this year)

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Looks really similar to NDSU's O-line.
    This is what I came up after a quick check of the roster. I could be and probably am missing something since I am going off the two-deep at the start of last year.

T - Turner OT 6-6 311
    G - Johnson OL 6-4 315
    C - Schueller OL 6-3 299
    G - Gimmestad OG 6-2 302
    T - Haeg OT 6-6 287

Plankers OL 6-7 311 (added in Plankers because I thought I had heard talk of him possibly getting a look this year)
    comparing your five with his 6. The average weights are 302.8 (NDSU) and 303.2 (KSU). That is .4 lbs of difference. The average heigts are 6'4" (NDSU) compared to 6'5" (KSU). Not much of a difference.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Yes they match up pretty good. Unfortunately they don't play against each other. Whats the KS o-line look like against our D-line?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yes they match up pretty good. Unfortunately they don't play against each other. Whats the KS o-line look like against our D-line?
    the numbers don't speak to quality, unfortunately or fortunately. that will be shown on the field of play which makes this match-up so intriguing for all of us. ndsu gets it's first whack a top 25 d-1 team. k-state gets an opener against a traditional fcs powerhouse. love it.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tmcats View Post
    the numbers don't speak to quality, unfortunately or fortunately. that will be shown on the field of play which makes this match-up so intriguing for all of us. ndsu gets it's first whack a top 25 d-1 team. k-state gets an opener against a traditional fcs powerhouse. love it.
    Top 26.

Ten Char.