Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a REAL Thundar!!

Default a REAL Thundar!!

I remember reading on here once that we used to have a real Bison leashed up who'd stand on the sidelines and watch the game. The cheer leaders were given the responsibility of making sure he didnt take epic dumps on the visiting bench etc... But If i remember right, there was an accident where he got too excited and ran into a closed fence and DIED?? can someone confirm or deny this for a fact? I definitely read it on here waaaaay back when, and I told the story to my family today...

BUT regardless of it being true or not...... WHY DONT WE HAVE A REAL BISON AT OUR GAMES?!? hahaha I want one soooo bad! Please tell me someone shares this sentiment!

Default Re: a REAL Thundar!!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I remember reading on here once that we used to have a real Bison leashed up who'd stand on the sidelines and watch the game. The cheer leaders were given the responsibility of making sure he didnt take epic dumps on the visiting bench etc... But If i remember right, there was an accident where he got too excited and ran into a closed fence and DIED?? can someone confirm or deny this for a fact? I definitely read it on here waaaaay back when, and I told the story to my family today...

BUT regardless of it being true or not...... WHY DONT WE HAVE A REAL BISON AT OUR GAMES?!? hahaha I want one soooo bad! Please tell me someone shares this sentiment!
    There is a thread about this from last year.....I hope someone can dig it up because it was awesome.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

i thought it was and SDSU meat auction at halftime, where the bull charged the stands, hit a post, and died.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

....... The cheer leaders were given the responsibility of making sure he didnt take epic dumps on the visiting bench etc...!

I share this. Most badass thing in college football is when the very unbadass University of Colorado runs that badass named Ralphie(i think?) on the field.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

None of this is fact.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    None of this is fact.
    says Johnny Come Lately Bison Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    None of this is fact.
    Please don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    I share this. Most badass thing in college football is when the very unbadass University of Colorado runs that badass named Ralphie(i think?) on the field.
    Didnt the colorado one get loose during a game or something?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

How about Coach Bohl riding a Bison out of the tunnel before the team runs onto the field? Might have to give him a raise though.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!