Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Bill Snyder

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Head Coach Bill Snyder

Lost in all the pre game smack is that when we take the field against K-State the Bison will be facing one of the greatest college Coaches of all time. A win in Manhattan would be a huge notch in the belt for Bohl and I am sure he is stoked about the opportunity. What the guy has done there is nothing short of amazing. In the modern era (post wwII) he has led K-State to its first bowl game, first bowl win, first conference championship and two number one rankings in the AP poll. He basically saved an athletics program that was on the verge of being thrown out of the old Big 8. Yes, it was that bad. Their overall record before Snyder was 299-510.

Now I am no K-State apologist and I have a very special hate for the Power Cat. However, it is hard not to respect Coach Snyder as he has won with class, graduated his players, all while not cheating.

Default Re: Head Coach Bill Snyder

fuck em. lets kick their asses.

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Lost in all the pre game smack is that when we take the field against K-State the Bison will be facing one of the greatest college Coaches of all time. A win in Manhattan would be a huge notch in the belt for Bohl and I am sure he is stoked about the opportunity. What the guy has done there is nothing short of amazing. He has led K-State to its first bowl game, first bowl win, first conference championship and two number one rankings in the AP poll. He basically saved an athletics program that was on the verge of being thrown out of the old Big 8. Yes, it was that bad.

Now I am no K-State apologist and I have a very special hate for the Power Cat. However, it is hard not to respect Coach Snyder as be has won with class, graduated his players, all while not cheating.
    Here, here!!! ^^^this!^^^

In the 4 years prior to Snyder's arrival K-State went 3-40-1. In the 2 years prior K-State went 0-21-1. His first year K-State went 1-10.

One minor correction. K-State's first bowl game was in 1982 under Jim Dickey. They lost the Independence Bowl to Wisconsin 3-14.
    I love College FOOTBALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yes. While it won't happen, I'd love nothing more than such a beatdown that their fans tell the old man its time to go back into retirement.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Yes. While it won't happen, I'd love nothing more than such a beatdown that their fans tell the old man its time to go back into retirement.
    This is even dumber than some of your Notre Dame statements which I didn't think was possible.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

344johnson gets it!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Brilliant.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Lost in all the pre game smack is that when we take the field against K-State the Bison will be facing one of the greatest college Coaches of all time. A win in Manhattan would be a huge notch in the belt for Bohl and I am sure he is stoked about the opportunity. What the guy has done there is nothing short of amazing. In the modern era (post wwII) he has led K-State to its first bowl game, first bowl win, first conference championship and two number one rankings in the AP poll. He basically saved an athletics program that was on the verge of being thrown out of the old Big 8. Yes, it was that bad. Their overall record before Snyder was 299-510.

Now I am no K-State apologist and I have a very special hate for the Power Cat. However, it is hard not to respect Coach Snyder as he has won with class, graduated his players, all while not cheating.
    If there's one thing I have learned about college sports (and living through the steroid era for that matter), I wouldn't proclaim ANY program to be 100% clean.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    If there's one thing I have learned about college sports (and living through the steroid era for that matter), I wouldn't proclaim ANY program to be 100% clean.
    I was going to say the same thing. The last line should read
    Snyder as he has won with class, graduated his players, all while not getting caught cheating.
    Maybe he runs a clean program. Maybe he runs a program that looks clean.