Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking down KS State (Stats from past year)

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Breaking down KS State (Stats from past year)

Hi All,

I have complied KS State Statistics from last year. Please use this link below to download the excel file.

http://www.2shared.com/file/THMEmIvI/KSTATE_Stats.html

What I am seeing here based on this data is, KS State is a running team first and passing team second. Teams that have successfully contained their running has won. More analysis/input based on this data will be good.

Default Re: Breaking down KS State (Stats from past year)

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Hi All,

I have complied KS State Statistics from last year. Please use this link below to download the excel file.

http://www.2shared.com/file/THMEmIvI/KSTATE_Stats.html

What I am seeing here based on this data is, KS State is a running team first and passing team second. Teams that have successfully contained their running has won. More analysis/input based on this data will be good.
    wrong assumption that this team will look like the last or any before. if waters is at qb, state will be a balanced offense which is snyder's first choice. klein's team was clearly run first, second and third before lobbing the ball down field. don't believe that will be the case this year. but guarantee you the first k-state offensive play will be a running back dive over either right or left tackle. it's been that way for two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcats View Post
    wrong assumption that this team will look like the last or any before. if waters is at qb, state will be a balanced offense which is snyder's first choice. klein's team was clearly run first, second and third before lobbing the ball down field. don't believe that will be the case this year. but guarantee you the first k-state offensive play will be a running back dive over either right or left tackle. it's been that way for two decades.
    Agreed, but Chris Klein is the Player of the year.
    http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m...072513aaa.html
    There is a good chance that he may start ahead of Waters.

Also i noticed while putting together those stats, Kansas state seem to do more damage in the 2nd half compared to 1st half. They have consistently scored 2 or more touch downs in 4th quarter in every game last year.

Also i noticed while putting together those stats, Kansas state seem to do more damage in the 2nd half compared to 1st half. They have consistently scored 2 or more touch downs in 4th quarter in every game last year.
    Who is Chris Klein? Collin Klein graduated. Daniel Sams is the QB who may start ahead of Waters. Anyway, no comparison from last years team to this year.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Great point, also Danny Sproles should be awesome this year

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Who is Chris Klein? Collin Klein graduated. Daniel Sams is the QB who may start ahead of Waters. Anyway, no comparison from last years team to this year.
    Chris Klein is the real father of Suri Cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    My bad, I not good with names.

snyder makes great halftime adjustments. he's been successfully doing this for a very long time. i'd be surprised if ndsu isn't a better second half team as well given the quality coaching in fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcats View Post
    snyder makes great halftime adjustments. he's been successfully doing this for a very long time. i'd be surprised if ndsu isn't a better second half team as well given the quality coaching in fargo.
    Chris Dawson is also a fantastic Strength & Conditioning coach. He was great with Mangino's staff at Kansas, and has been doing a marvelous job at K-State.

From an article in SB Nation. Obviously the departure of CK will have some impact but expect to see the multiple formations mentioned if they are needed. If LHCBS can have success against NDSU running between the tackles that's what we will see IMHO but if need be either of the two frontrunners at QB are fully capable of running what CK did last year:

"Credit Coach Snyder and his coaching staff for throwing a kitchen sink-style of play-calling at opponents on a weekly basis. While the versatility and play making ability of Heisman front-runner Collin Klein obviously is essential, the diversity of alignments and plays deserves an equal share of the acclaim. No other team in the nation has as much variation on a play-to-play basis as the Kansas State Wildcats. They run a plethora of things, and run them all well.

The Kansas State offense can go from an empty-backfield pass play, to a two tight-end, I-Formation power run play, to a three-receiver, pistol-formation speed option on three consecutive plays. If an opposing defense is lucky enough to hold them to a fourth-and-short, the Wildcats will simply have their 6’5, 226-pound quarterback line up in a Wildcat Formation and follow two blocking backs and a pulling guard. Nine times out of 10, Klein is going to ram his way forward and get the first down."

OU DC Mike Stoops said last year that Snyder runs three different offenses at the same time and it's a nighmare to prepare for.

I'm not worried about our offense at all. Defense - yeah I'm a bit worried.