Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: So What's This About?

Default Re: So What's This About?

So....the TV thing was the "Big" announcement? Why would the athletic staff and coaches drive to Bismarck for that? To talk to LT? Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for HD and that Basketball is finally on TV but...
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

As someone who takes frequent advantage of alumni viewing events I'm pumped about the HD.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    As someone who takes frequent advantage of alumni viewing events I'm pumped about the HD.
    +++++++. I love that sensers gets the games on for us, but sometimes it was a tough watch with no HD
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What's Wrong with SD, ISU Blue, and YSU? Did we give them our old cameras?

TAB plucked his feathers for this!?!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

TSCF analysis:

1. HD upgrade sounds good, but we have to remember Hoakie Media did not even know how to use SD camera's correctly. Are we sure they know how to operate these cameras?
    2. I applaud the ability for anyone, nationally, with just a little effort, being able to watch 10 or 11 Bison games with decent broadcast quality. (Reminder, ESPN 3 with Xbox is the best way to go.) Why is the Indiana St. game not available nationally?
    3. FSN NEEDS to continue to be the goal; that is better than statewide NBC and we can't forget that.

So, I give this a B- grade as HD makes it clear progress over last year, but very disappointed about Indiana St. and no FSN games.

By the way, anyone comparing our media deal to the chowderheads in the great white north need to elevate their expectations for Bison football. Their is no comparison when that team plays in a weak conference against teams most don't care about, and still manages to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    TSCF analysis:

1. HD upgrade sounds good, but we have to remember Hoakie Media did not even know how to use SD camera's correctly. Are we sure they know how to operate these cameras?
    2. I applaud the ability for anyone, nationally, with just a little effort, being able to watch 10 or 11 Bison games with decent broadcast quality. (Reminder, ESPN 3 with Xbox is the best way to go.) Why is the Indiana St. game not available nationally?
    3. FSN NEEDS to continue to be the goal; that is better than statewide NBC and we can't forget that.

So, I give this a B- grade as HD makes it clear progress over last year, but very disappointed about Indiana St. and no FSN games.

By the way, anyone comparing our media deal to the chowderheads in the great white north need to elevate their expectations for Bison football. Their is no comparison when that team plays in a weak conference against teams most don't care about, and still manages to lose.
    Fox College Sports by itself is weak. Its a premium channel and it doesn't have regular programming. In conjunction with state wide its perfect. It gives us national exposure for alumni and recruits but they have to look for it. There are no promotional videos pimping it because like I said its not a channel with regular programming. Everyone in our area has state wide NBC and it comes with mega advertising and promotional videos

Now if we go Fox Sports Net North I would agree

As far as HD goes, they got a test run with the spring game. Those kinks can be worked out.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Fox College Sports by itself is weak. Its a premium channel and it doesn't have regular programming. In conjunction with state wide its perfect. It gives us national exposure for alumni and recruits but they have to look for it. There are no promotional videos pimping it because like I said its not a channel with regular programming. Everyone in our area has state wide NBC and it comes with mega advertising and promotional videos

Now if we go Fox Sports Net North I would agree

As far as HD goes, they got a test run with the spring game. Those kinks can be worked out.
    I like FCS personally but that's because we get it but we don't always get FSN. There is an FSN channel but it sometimes carries the same thing as the other FS channels. I know Twins games are on it but they never show up on our grid (they would be blacked out anyway). FCS I definitely get.

But I think FSN would make more sense for the market if they could get it because there are going to be a lot more interested alumni and potential recruits in the FSN blueprint. Overall this seems positive to me. I won't be able to see many games though because I have a game conflicting with almost every game. I won't get to see my semi-annual game at Indiana State either.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    TSCF analysis:

How do people nationally watch the midco games?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    How do people nationally watch the midco games?
    Guilty as charged. My mistake.