Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Proud of this House.......

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Proud of this House.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas State U View Post
    Which part was disrespectful? The honest part of KSU traveling to an FSC school for an OOC game, or the video of your own drunk player? Just curious.
    It was obvious to me that he meant to come visit Fargo for a game as a football fan to watch a Bison game...

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Basketball arena. Then there's the obvious statement about an fbs visiting an fcs. You wouldn't travel here even if we were fbs.

We've seen the video. None of your gd business. zzzzzzzzzzzz

We're proud of our house. Doubt you've been there.
    Tell me the last time an FBS conference school played a non-con (obviously) game on the road at an FCS school. It may have happened......just can't think of a time.

As far as the B-Ball arena comment - there are at least a dozen NCAA basketball teams that play to larger crowds.

Tell me the last time an FBS conference school played a non-con (obviously) game on the road at an FCS school. It may have happened......just can't think of a time.

As far as the B-Ball arena comment - there are at least a dozen NCAA basketball teams that play to larger crowds.
    You're clueless.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Stop feeding the Kansas State U troll...................

Have a Tall Grass and chill.... Kansas State U...
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see, too often, people gloating about their stadiums and ripping on ours but never does anyone think about this small but obvious factor...

What these big school stadium insolent "gurus" fail to realize is that we have permanent folding bucket seats, chair-backs or what have you,
    for EVERY individual fan so they may enjoy the game in comfort!

If we were to rip out all the chairs in the dome and replace them with "bench" seating like ALL of college football (KState included), we too, would be
    able to fit at LEAST double the current stadium capacity. How do you think the "Big House" and the Rose Bowl, and whatever stadium that gloats
    about seating capacity, are able to hold so many people?

Packing people into benches like sardines really something to bluster about?!

Why do you think NFL stadiums have smaller capacities than major college stadiums?

So next time anybody gets crazy horny and wants to gasconade over how "big" their stadiums are....picture bucket seats vs. aluminum bench seats...When put into perspective our dome is not as small as some may think...Put aside the size differences, all that is left for comparison are the small
    amenities and the mere convenience factors of the stadiums (ask a Michigan fan what happens to his "seat" when nature comes calling in the middle of a game).

And for your basketball arena comparison...
    Ponder on this...If you were to replace all the benches in Bill Snyder Family Stadium with individual "bucket" folding chairs with arm rests then I too
    could think of a few NCAA basketball programs that would play to larger crowds as well.

See we're not very different are we?

Think about this for a while...there is no argument to this.

My choice would be the dome any day!

(With that said, would I like to see the dome expand someday? Absolutely!
    Maybe an upperdeck with "bench" seating.

This also makes our dome pretty unique...try finding another college football stadium with all individual "bucket" seating. Good luck.

I can't believe no one has brought this up before.

I'd be all for getting rid of the blue seats and replacing them with a bench with back rest. How much could capacity be increased?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'd be all for getting rid of the blue seats and replacing them with a bench with back rest. How much could capacity be increased?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    "Actual" seating would increase about 10% (stats I could find was 33 inches for stadium seats versus 30 inches for bleacher), but you might be able to shoehorn more people in with SRO tickets. However, the fire marshal seems to limit the number of SRO tickets, so probably not much more than currently in the grand scheme of things. It's not like there aren't people flowing over their chair space already, so I'd say a 15% increase might be hopelessly optimistic.

And that's not taking into account the torches and pitchforks that would be brought out from people having to deal with bleachers for every event other than Bison football.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I see, too often, people gloating about their stadiums and ripping on ours but never does anyone think about this small but obvious factor...

What these big school stadium insolent "gurus" fail to realize is that we have permanent folding bucket seats, chair-backs or what have you,
    for EVERY individual fan so they may enjoy the game in comfort!

If we were to rip out all the chairs in the dome and replace them with "bench" seating like ALL of college football (KState included), we too, would be
    able to fit at LEAST double the current stadium capacity. How do you think the "Big House" and the Rose Bowl, and whatever stadium that gloats
    about seating capacity, are able to hold so many people?

Packing people into benches like sardines really something to bluster about?!

Why do you think NFL stadiums have smaller capacities than major college stadiums?

So next time anybody gets crazy horny and wants to gasconade over how "big" their stadiums are....picture bucket seats vs. aluminum bench seats...When put into perspective our dome is not as small as some may think...Put aside the size differences, all that is left for comparison are the small
    amenities and the mere convenience factors of the stadiums (ask a Michigan fan what happens to his "seat" when nature comes calling in the middle of a game).

And for your basketball arena comparison...
    Ponder on this...If you were to replace all the benches in Bill Snyder Family Stadium with individual "bucket" folding chairs with arm rests then I too
    could think of a few NCAA basketball programs that would play to larger crowds as well.

See we're not very different are we?

Think about this for a while...there is no argument to this.

My choice would be the dome any day!

(With that said, would I like to see the dome expand someday? Absolutely!
    Maybe an upperdeck with "bench" seating.

This also makes our dome pretty unique...try finding another college football stadium with all individual "bucket" seating. Good luck.

I can't believe no one has brought this up before.
    Miami. Orange Bowl. Little freaking buckets seats with no leg room and the drink holder in front of you digs in to your knees. The FD has more leg room believe it or not.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Miami. Orange Bowl. Little freaking buckets seats with no leg room and the drink holder in front of you digs in to your knees. The FD has more leg room believe it or not.
    My point exactly.