Thread: home or away after bye week?

Default home or away after bye week?

I happened to notice that in the Big South every team is playing a home game out of their bye week this season. Any thoughts on if that just some random thing or if teams may have a preference for playing home or away after a week off?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Default Re: home or away after bye week?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I happened to notice that in the Big South every team is playing a home game out of their bye week this season. Any thoughts on if that just some random thing or if teams may have a preference for playing home or away after a week off?
    Bison do not even need to consider such nonsense.

The Bison need to play with the same intensity and drive whether it is at home or away....

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    No idea. Valid question.

I looked back at Bison schedules through 2004. 3 of the 10 games after bye weeks were away games. 7 of the 10 were home games. That does not suggest a strong preference either way by Gene Taylor, et al.

To imabison's point, we did win all three away games (@ Minnesota '11, @ ISU Blue '09 and @ Nicholls State '04).

57% of FCS games coming out of a bye this season will be road games, 41% home, 2% neutral site.
    50% of FCS games this season will be road games, 48% home, 2% neutral site.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie