Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2014 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2014 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    JD I was hoping Eliason couldve convinced Hagedorn..

USD/SDSU seems to get alot more nebraska kids, its the close proximety that big of a deal for these nebraska kids?
    Its the hunting and the fishing!

USD/SDSU seems to get alot more nebraska kids, its the close proximety that big of a deal for these nebraska kids?
    I think Smith is a difference maker for USD. Will be curious to see how/if this impacts Jech's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Tyler Hagedorn, 6'9" Senior from Norfolk, NE committed to USD on Wednesday night. He had offers from NDSU, UNO, Lehigh, Marist and Denver.

http://nebraskahshoops.com/tyler-haredorn-south-dakota/
    Never added a page on my site for him as I never thought there was a chance he would even consider ndsu

Moving forward, I would imagine Smith's connections from the past few years at Nebraska could be a difference-maker. I know there are times when coaches at a certain level (like Tim Miles at Nebraska) have some interest in a kid who is close-but-not-quite-good-enough, and they pass that type of kid along to a coach at a lower level (like his close friend, Craig Smith at USD) who might be a better fit for the kid. And even if Miles isn't passing kids along, Smith is going to have several connections with recruits/high school coaches from Nebraska for many years to come, I would assume.

As far as SDSU goes, they only currently have one Nebraska kid on their roster (Mike Daum) and he's the only Nebraskan they've had on their roster since 2010-11. They've only had two Nebraskans total on their roster (Daum and Clint Sargent) since 2007-08. So the Jackrabbits aren't exactly mining the... Boring State?... for all it's worth. (I don't know what Nebraska's state nickname is.)

As far as the proximity thing goes, it's a good question/point. It's amazing how many Minnesota kids intent on going D1 end up attending a low- or mid-major D1 east coast school for a year and realize they want to be closer to home again. It seems like proximity ends up being more important than they realize, even if it takes a year to figure it out.

If you're from Nebraska and considering NDSU, you're probably 6-8 hours away--if not more--from home (6 hours if you're going Omaha to Fargo, for example). If friends and family want to see you in person, that's a pretty long drive, especially in winter weather. Meanwhile, if you're in Vermillion, you're only 2-4 hours away (2 hrs and 10 minutes from Omaha to Vermillion, for example). You're also severely depressed because you live in Vermillion, but that's a whole different subject.

It'll be interesting to see if Smith's recruiting focus shifts to Minnesota sooner than later, seeing as there seem to be consistently more serious D1 prospects coming from MN than NE, but maybe that's the draw of maintaining those Nebraska connections. Better opportunities to nab the kids that are D1.

Sorry. That was probably a longer answer than you were looking for. I was kind of thinking things through as I typed them out. But whatever, I'll just post it anyway and you can ignore it if you disagree.

yes Craig Smith will be a thorn in our side and we could've had him ?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Craig smith the pride of district 32

Hopkins/Net Gain SF John Warren will have North Dakota State in to see him today. Warren is also looking at a visit to Appalachian State
    https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...19539946303488

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    Can't blame a kid for looking at all possible options. But App State in basketball? Ew.

2016 guard Tyler Peterson (Centennial) will be taking a visit to North Dakota State very soon.
    https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...26890908631041

ahhhh more visits, lets get commitments!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?