Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: espn's ubben on first week outcomes ...

Default Re: espn's ubben on first week outcomes ...

Quote Originally Posted by tmcats View Post
    i have it 31-17 - cats. but hell, i really have no clue. never seen your guys other than watching the c'ship game last year. and our team is going to be vastly different than last year's version. ubben has a pretty good sense for these things, although he's had a habit of undervaluing cats in the past, early in the season, which is nothing unique for the media.
    30 points against our defense is tough to come by

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    30 points against our defense is tough to come by
    Hasn't happened since it occurred twice in 2010. Two full years of not allowing 30+ points. Not bad.

Also, this may not be the right thread, but for me the most disappointing college football loss (outside of NDSU losing to ISU Blue) of 2012 was Kansas State losing to Baylor. I really didn't want Alabama in the national championship. Had KSU beat Baylor, it would have been undefeated Notre Dame vs undefeated Kansas State. Sigh...

...Our shared opponent last year was Missouri State. We struggled in the win (3INTs, one of which was a pick 6) while Kansas State pulled away with 42 unanswered points in the last quarter and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Hasn't happened since it occurred twice in 2010. Two full years of not allowing 30+ points. Not bad.

Also, this may not be the right thread, but for me the most disappointing college football loss (outside of NDSU losing to ISU Blue) of 2012 was Kansas State losing to Baylor. I really didn't want Alabama in the national championship. Had KSU beat Baylor, it would have been undefeated Notre Dame vs undefeated Kansas State. Sigh...

...Our shared opponent last year was Missouri State. We struggled in the win (3INTs, one of which was a pick 6) while Kansas State pulled away with 42 unanswered points in the last quarter and a half.
    missouri state's coach terry allan was all in a huff with snyder when bill ran it up a bit on terrible terry's bears at the end last fall. never seen bill not take the opportunity to make sure it's no contest if he had the chance to do just that. although once he called off his felines when they had mizzou's larry smith down by route 66. anyway, i don't look for anything other than a brawl for most of our game with the bison.

missouri state's coach terry allan was all in a huff with snyder when bill ran it up a bit on terrible terry's bears at the end last fall. never seen bill not take the opportunity to make sure it's no contest if he had the chance to do just that. although once he called off his felines when they had mizzou's larry smith down by route 66. anyway, i don't look for anything other than a brawl for most of our game with the bison.
    Haha. Terry Allen has always been Snyder's b!0tch. When Allen was at KU, Snyder's teams beat him all 5 seasons by an AVERAGE score of 49-10.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Win or Die Trying

Quote Originally Posted by HooliganBison View Post
    Accurate assessment imho

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HooliganBison View Post
    I thought ESPN only giving K-State a 56% chance of going 3-0 was very telling, probably lowered more from playing Louisiana-Lafayette than us but still interesting. Wonder what is our realistic percent chance of going 3-0?

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Accurate assessment imho

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    well, we'll know in late august, won't we.

It appears not. Nobody's waiting for late August to predict a 5 TD shit stomping, are they?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta