Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Teh Mighty Mighty Ferris State Bulldogs Are Coming With Bad Intentions

Default Re: Teh Mighty Mighty Ferris State Bulldogs Are Coming With Bad Intentions

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    But, but, but, many posters at Bisonville think FCS is the place to be and NDSU could never be successful at FBS level.........sounds familiar, just like the naysayers that thought the move from DII to FCS was never going to work.
    The FCS is the place to be right now. The seismic (and continual) shift in fbs alignments, as well as their obvious move toward a full playoff system, will change the outlook for an elite FCS program.

I still say...when we see St. Cloud and/or Mankato move up to the FCS...it's time to move up. When they're at the same level as us, they pick off a few of our Twin City recruits every year because of proximity. We must be ahead of them.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Teh Mighty Mighty Ferris State Bulldogs Are Coming With Bad Intentions

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    The FCS is the place to be right now. The seismic (and continual) shift in fbs alignments, as well as their obvious move toward a full playoff system, will change the outlook for an elite FCS program.

I still say...when we see St. Cloud and/or Mankato move up to the FCS...it's time to move up. When they're at the same level as us, they pick off a few of our Twin City recruits every year because of proximity. We must be ahead of them.
    In my opinion, counting a DII win towards playoff eligibility is not much different from seeing St. Cloud or MSU Mankato move up to FCS. It's hypocritical of me to say this, but NDSU Athletics really needs to focus on rounding up financial contributors.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    In my opinion, counting a DII win towards playoff eligibility is not much different from seeing St. Cloud or MSU Mankato move up to FCS. It's hypocritical of me to say this, but NDSU Athletics really needs to focus on rounding up financial contributors.
    The difference is in recruiting...with St. Cloud & Mankato being close to the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Amen brother!

The question is how one defines success. If your definition of "success" in FBS is winning a BCS game once every 30 years a la Boise State that's one thing, if you define it by winning the Meineke Car Care Bowl, that's completely different. Bison fans have been accustomed to competing for National Championships. I love the Bison and I think this year's team is going to legitimately be one of the best 25 teams in college football, but in 100 years we're never going to win an FBS National Championship. It just isn't going to happen.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

The question is how one defines success. If your definition of "success" in FBS is winning a BCS game once every 30 years a la Boise State that's one thing, if you define it by winning the Meineke Car Care Bowl, that's completely different. Bison fans have been accustomed to competing for National Championships. I love the Bison and I think this year's team is going to legitimately be one of the best 25 teams in college football, but in 100 years we're never going to win an FBS National Championship. It just isn't going to happen.
    Not with an attitude like that...
    "The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher."
    -- Thomas Henry Huxley

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    -- General George Patton Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Success is in the caliber of play. North Dakota State can be the northern version of Nebraska.

If Butler and Wichita St can get to a final four in basketball then NDSU could eventually make a nice run in a real FBS playoff. We are currently top 25-30 as is with fcs funding and 63 schollies. It is possible, not much different than a Boise St in FB. It can be done with the right people in charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Conference alignment will take care of all of that. All of the mid->lower level FBS conferences will form their own championship while the big schools get theirs. Thats my belief anyways. when that happens, NDSU has to be bolting up.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Success is in the caliber of play. North Dakota State can be the northern version of Nebraska.
    We're already miles ahead of Nebraska defenseively.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.