Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Deep Roster

Default Re: 2 Deep Roster

Quote Originally Posted by BisonOLINE View Post
    Schuller has never been asked to play guard. And center fits him better, its him and zac johnson and to my experience schuller has a better shot at being in there. Schuller is more than capable to get the job done.

Jesse hinz gets back from his knee problem he will be in the mix as well.

Pomeranke is not playing anymore, back and shoulder problems
    Jesse Hinz is recovering from a torn pectoral muscle which sidelined him for the entire 2012 season. Jesse started at center for the last part of 2010 season and playoffs when Joe Lund was out with injury. I believe he shared guard duties throughout the 2011 season. Just wondering why it it assumed Jesse won't be a starter, or at least a back up at center and / or guard position. At the moment the Bison are deep on the o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Jesse Hinz is recovering from a torn pectoral muscle which sidelined him for the entire 2012 season. Jesse started at center for the last part of 2010 season and playoffs when Joe Lund was out with injury. I believe he shared guard duties throughout the 2011 season. Just wondering why it it assumed Jesse won't be a starter, or at least a back up at center and / or guard position. At the moment the Bison are deep on the o-line.
    I'd say durability is the question mark on Hinz. Out nearly 2yrs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Cj Smith over colvin

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'd say durability is the question mark on Hinz. Out nearly 2yrs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Hinz was only out one year. The injury happened just before fall camp in 2012. He rotated in as guard during the 2011 season. The torn pectoral muscle is more a product of over aggressive weight training from what I recall. Given a year to heal and train, if he has most of his bench press strength back and has continued, if not accelerated, his leg strength he should be in great shape.

I agree with previous posts.

Mwill
    Smith
    Pierre
    Champion
    Colvin

and Stumpf is OLB all the way.

At center it is between Johnson and Schueller

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I agree with previous posts.

Mwill
    Smith
    Pierre
    Champion
    Colvin

and Stumpf is OLB all the way.

At center it is between Johnson and Schueller

LE: Cole Jirik, Mike Hardie
    DT: Leevon Perry, Danny Luecke
    DT: Ryan Drevlow, Brian Schaetz
    RE: Kyle Emanuel, Jeremy Gordon
    WLB: Travis Beck, MJ Stumpf
    MLB: Grant Olson, Antonio Rodgers
    SLB: Carlton Littlejohn, Esley Thornton
    CB: Marcus Williams, Jordan Champion
    CB: CJ Smith, Brendin Pierre
    FS: Christian Dudzik, Bryan Shepherd
    SS: Colten Heagle, AJ Van Voorhis

Better?
    Last edited by Herd12; 06-21-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: switch Schaetz and Luecke
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Hinz was only out one year. The injury happened just before fall camp in 2012. He rotated in as guard during the 2011 season. The torn pectoral muscle is more a product of over aggressive weight training from what I recall. Given a year to heal and train, if he has most of his bench press strength back and has continued, if not accelerated, his leg strength he should be in great shape.
    Yeah you are right, I was thinking Hinz was hurt in 2010 but he filled in for the injured Joe Lund.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Colville is being asked to be at center for insurance purposes

Center is very different than guard. Center is comprised of pin backs, gurad pulls more frequently on power ,sweep, pass power etc.

Hinz was lifting and a freak accident happened right before ncaa summer break. He has had knee problems of late, not to serious but enough to keep it light until fall camp. Who thought hinz was a guard!!?? U shouldn't bc he had been a center and a back up tackle..never a guard
    Last edited by BisonOLINE; 06-22-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Every year there are suprises. Who would have thought Haeg and Gimmestad would have not only startred but played well. Gimmestad moved from D-line and Haeg was a walk on

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I believe that either line is inter-changeable. We are at a great time in each line's history. The second line for both could just as well be the first line for any other team. We are extremely fortunate right now with the talent on both sides of the line.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.