Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question re: Coach Craig Bohl

Many people "sacrifice" money for one reason or another.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Many people "sacrifice" money for one reason or another.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I completely agree. My wife and I have had this discussion about different opportunities in her field. Money is about 6th on the list. I know we can live with less money if she is genuinely happy with what she is doing. But I also know if someone offered her 10 times what she is making now and we can attain financial security for not only us but maybe our children, she would be very hard pressed to not listen to the offer. Then we would certainly go back and figure out what we would have to give up.

Bohl's contract is set up for him to easily take a BCS job. He understands there might be a situation out there he might not be able to say no to. He also set it up where everyone wins. The school gets paid and Bohl gets paid.

I don't think it would be very smart to say never, but I don't think it will be a MAC team luring him away, either. It will take a BCS program with deep pockets and a deeper commitment. Otherwise he is paid like a MAC coach, treated like a rockstar here, and already consistently out-recruits the bottom 1/2 or more of FCS. It would take multiple losing seasons to lose his job and he has a job in waiting when he is finished.

I know a lot of things have been said already, but I think the only surprise would ever be is if he left this program for anything less than a BCS school. If they don't want him, it is really no skin off his ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Question re: Coach Craig Bohl

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Exactly. One other issue is how much money does one person really need? Craig should clearly have enough to live comfortably the rest of his life; beyond that, it is just "more." So, you risk everything for more money? I don't think so, particularly now that he is in the "legacy" portion of his career.

And why the MAC is an easier place for a coach to get to a top tier FCS program is still a mystery to me, but quite valid.
    Should have and does have are two completely different things. You make more, you spend more. Look at Leghorn...he wears wolf t-shirts from truck stops because he wants to. When the day comes that he gets married, he will wear wolf t-shirts because that is all he can afford.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]