Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question re: Coach Craig Bohl

Default Re: Question re: Coach Craig Bohl

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Agreed. He'd listen. And, honestly, I think that Coach Bohl would do well anywhere. However, I don't think that FBS schools do such a great job of hiring considering that there were 31 openings this year. I think that it was Kolpack or Izzo who pointed out that not a single FCS coach was hired by a BCS school to be head coach. Check out the link below, 31 FBS coaching jobs and only one was filled by an FCS coach - San Jose State hired San Diego's head coach. Every other job was FBS to FBS.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/c...g_changes.html
    interesting I didn't know this fact, I personally feel Bohl loves it here and isn't going to look to strong knowing his chance at an elite program this late in his career probably isn't going to happen, and height not give a shit he has rings from NDSU and Nebraska 2 programs that are storied and tradition rich in their divisions. doesn't exactly have to prove himself to anyone IMO. I'm all for him staying but understand if he leaves and will be grateful he was here when that day comes.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I really think they want someone with head coaching experience and I'm not sure there's an assistant on staff right now who's being groomed to be Snyder's replacement.
    Dana Dimel would be the assistant with head coaching experience. Wyoming and Houston. Also a K-State graduate.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m...el_dana00.html

Kansas State U....your avatar looks really good now. You were right about it being humorous....
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Kansas State U....your avatar looks really good now. You were right about it being humorous....
    Kinda nice isn't it??!!!?!?!?!?!?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So, Mr. Kansas-State U, why does Bill Snyder hang around K-State for $2.2 million when he could go to U. of Iowa for $3.8 million. After all, he spent 10 years at U. of Iowa. I don't know anyone who claims that Bohl could get a $1.6 million raise by going to another school.

Quote Originally Posted by OnagaCat View Post
    Dana Dimel would be the assistant with head coaching experience. Wyoming and Houston. Also a K-State graduate.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m...el_dana00.html
    Hope you hire this guy to replace Snyder.

I have always thought KSU is one of the places Bohl could end up.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    So, Mr. Kansas-State U, why does Bill Snyder hang around K-State for $2.2 million when he could go to U. of Iowa for $3.8 million. After all, he spent 10 years at U. of Iowa. I don't know anyone who claims that Bohl could get a $1.6 million raise by going to another school.
    I really don't think the money means that much to LHCBS. He has turned down several offers for more money to leave K-State and has stated many times that he does not want to leave. It's his program, he has total control and is God in Manhattan. He loves K-State, the people there and they love him. Why would he leave? Manhattan is a great place to live.

Great comments. I think the two most important to understand for outsiders:

1. Bohl is deeply loyal to Gene T. the AD. Gene rescued him from a horrible situation after having been fired from Nebraska, and has stuck by him through the thick and thin. I think many underestimate how much the has meant to Bohl.

2. Couple this with the fact that he is at the top of FCS salaries, has literally everything a coach could want, it makes it hard to move unless an FCS job would come open. For the life of me, one of the great mysteries in life is why a MAC job is considered a step up from NDSU....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    2. Couple this with the fact that he is at the top of FCS salaries, has literally everything a coach could want, it makes it hard to move unless an FCS job would come open. For the life of me, one of the great mysteries in life is why a MAC job is considered a step up from NDSU....
    The only thing the MAC offers is an easier path to a BCS job. Other than that, it's a step sideways (at best) into a situation where a coach would be bottom 10% in facilities and budget instead of top 5% - a lot harder to win that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The only thing the MAC offers is an easier path to a BCS job. Other than that, it's a step sideways (at best) into a situation where a coach would be bottom 10% in facilities and budget instead of top 5% - a lot harder to win that way.
    Exactly. One other issue is how much money does one person really need? Craig should clearly have enough to live comfortably the rest of his life; beyond that, it is just "more." So, you risk everything for more money? I don't think so, particularly now that he is in the "legacy" portion of his career.

And why the MAC is an easier place for a coach to get to a top tier FCS program is still a mystery to me, but quite valid.