Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question re: Coach Craig Bohl

Default Re: Question re: Coach Craig Bohl

Bohl is one of the highest paid fcs coaches in the nation and makes as much as many lower level FBS coaches. He gets several bonuses including free tuition for his son and a guaranteed administrative job if he wants it

Bohl is loyal and a rock star here. It would likely take some sort of bcs offer to leave. He won't go somewhere else to be a coordinater for more money.

Bohl is more concerned with giving his assistant coaches a raise

With that being said, we historically have kept all the systems in place and promoted from within with little dropoff. In the D2 era we went from Ron Erhardr, Jim Wacker, Don Morton, Earle Solomonson, and Rocky Hagar with a similar system and prolonged success. There were some changes but generally we stuck with what was the veer option from Morton to Hager. I think Wacker started it. Not sure what Ron Erhard t ran

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    This might be wishful thinking but I see him as a Jerry Moore type. Can write his own ticket for (almost) as long as he wants.
    Well, except that App State canned Jerry Moore. Besides, no football coach at NDSU can ever feel safe.

If Coach Bohl wanted to coach a BCS team, he'd take the sideways step to a MAC-type school for a couple years and move on to the B1G.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Snyder can't coach forever and when the time comes, Bohl's name could/should be in the conversation to replace him. I know that probably won't happen because KSU will need to make a big splash to replace the Old Man and they don't want to relive the Ron Prince fiasco. There are a lot of good coaches with ties to KSU who will be front-runners (Leavitt, Bennett, Venables, Dimel, Mangino, etc) but assuming Bohl's success continues he would fit. He has a successful track record, established recruiting footprint in Nebraska and KS and could recruit to Manhattan. He's a fan friendly coach and Manhattan and the media are crazy loyal to Wildcat football. It's a step up and he'd have to entertain the idea. Flame away but 3-4 years from now it's not unreasonable.
    If Pelini wavers at Nebraska, I expect his name to come up as well.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

The Kansas State program is doing well. Why wouldn't they promote one of Coach Snyder's assistants?

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas State U View Post
    I read where he signed an 8 year extension earlier this year that pays him $206k / year with a 5% annual bump meaning he'd be around $305k by 2021.

Also noted was the various bonus provisions revolving around ticket sales and post season participation. There's no way to calculate this figure, but for the sake of this discussion, let's say it's around $100k additional / year.

Another way coaches all make $ is summer camps and speaking engagements - let's say another $100k, arriving at a total in 2013 of approximately $406k.

My question is, with the great success Coach Bohl has had at NDSU, has there been interest from other schools in the past decade? If so, why has he elected to stay and do you ever see him leaving?

I'm not all trying to downplay your school for two reasons: 1) I really know next to nothing about NDSU, and, 2) the football success has been undeniable regardless of the level of play..

The fact of the matter is, as you review the link below, there are dozens of stiffs that none of us have ever heard of making twice as much as your coach. Just curious.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...abase/1715543/
    hey dinklips.......what's with the avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The Kansas State program is doing well. Why wouldn't they promote one of Coach Snyder's assistants?
    I really think they want someone with head coaching experience and I'm not sure there's an assistant on staff right now who's being groomed to be Snyder's replacement.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    It's a picture of a guy who's going to unleash the beast on KSU.....
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Snyder can't coach forever and when the time comes, Bohl's name could/should be in the conversation to replace him. I know that probably won't happen because KSU will need to make a big splash to replace the Old Man and they don't want to relive the Ron Prince fiasco. There are a lot of good coaches with ties to KSU who will be front-runners (Leavitt, Bennett, Venables, Dimel, Mangino, etc) but assuming Bohl's success continues he would fit. He has a successful track record, established recruiting footprint in Nebraska and KS and could recruit to Manhattan. He's a fan friendly coach and Manhattan and the media are crazy loyal to Wildcat football. It's a step up and he'd have to entertain the idea. Flame away but 3-4 years from now it's not unreasonable.
    I think CB has proved that if a BCS school comes knocking he will sit down and listen. It would be foolish not to. There are some insane amounts of money out there that could set his great grandchildren up. I just get the feeling his is extremely loyal to what NDSU has done for him and will only leave for the "perfect" job. Certainly, I would think KSU would be one of them. Unless you are a college football junkie or in FCS, he is a relative unknown past his coaching peers at any level. Then again, outside Ohio, Jim Tressel was relatively obscure, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Must spread rep Izzy. I have never heard the term dinklips , and i work with middle schoolers! Nice work.

And as for you Kansas state U ....bad form sir.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think CB has proved that if a BCS school comes knocking he will sit down and listen. It would be foolish not to. There are some insane amounts of money out there that could set his great grandchildren up. I just get the feeling his is extremely loyal to what NDSU has done for him and will only leave for the "perfect" job. Certainly, I would think KSU would be one of them. Unless you are a college football junkie or in FCS, he is a relative unknown past his coaching peers at any level. Then again, outside Ohio, Jim Tressel was relatively obscure, as well.
    Agreed. He'd listen. And, honestly, I think that Coach Bohl would do well anywhere. However, I don't think that FBS schools do such a great job of hiring considering that there were 31 openings this year. I think that it was Kolpack or Izzo who pointed out that not a single FCS coach was hired by a BCS school to be head coach. Check out the link below, 31 FBS coaching jobs and only one was filled by an FCS coach - San Jose State hired San Diego's head coach. Every other job was FBS to FBS.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/c...g_changes.html