I read where he signed an 8 year extension earlier this year that pays him $206k / year with a 5% annual bump meaning he'd be around $305k by 2021.

Also noted was the various bonus provisions revolving around ticket sales and post season participation. There's no way to calculate this figure, but for the sake of this discussion, let's say it's around $100k additional / year.

Another way coaches all make $ is summer camps and speaking engagements - let's say another $100k, arriving at a total in 2013 of approximately $406k.

My question is, with the great success Coach Bohl has had at NDSU, has there been interest from other schools in the past decade? If so, why has he elected to stay and do you ever see him leaving?

I'm not all trying to downplay your school for two reasons: 1) I really know next to nothing about NDSU, and, 2) the football success has been undeniable regardless of the level of play..

The fact of the matter is, as you review the link below, there are dozens of stiffs that none of us have ever heard of making twice as much as your coach. Just curious.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...abase/1715543/