Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice NDSU article in Lincoln Journal Star Sports Section...

Default Nice NDSU article in Lincoln Journal Star Sports Section...

Front page of today's sports section.

http://journalstar.com/sports/column...14f8e104a.html

Default Re: Nice NDSU article in Lincoln Journal Star Sports Section...

Thanks for posting this. Good article.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

This is a good article.

Lots of Bohl love in Lincoln lately. Think if they falter he would be considered? It's similar to Jim Tressel to Ohio State...win a bunch of FCS championships, get a job at the biggest regional BCS school. I doubt it, but I've been surprised before.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Lots of Bohl love in Lincoln lately. Think if they falter he would be considered? It's similar to Jim Tressel to Ohio State...win a bunch of FCS championships, get a job at the biggest regional BCS school. I doubt it, but I've been surprised before.
    Won't happen. Even though the administration and media might like to, the fans down there still consider him the goat!

I honestly think Bohl's last coaching gig is right here. Another 10 years, 80-90 more wins and a handful of more championships and he will retire as the greatest Bison coach ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Won't happen. Even though the administration and media might like to, the fans down there still consider him the goat!

I honestly think Bohl's last coaching gig is right here. Another 10 years, 80-90 more wins and a handful of more championships and he will retire as the greatest Bison coach ever!
    Not that I disagree that he could potentially retire here, but I've kinda heard the attitude on Bohl has changed a bit. Burgundy would be the guy that has a better feel on that because it's been 3 years since I was in Lincoln.

With that said, I don't think he needs a handful more championships to be considered the greatest here. I think if he wins one more outside of this class of kids, he will easily be in that spot.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Not that I disagree that he could potentially retire here, but I've kinda heard the attitude on Bohl has changed a bit. Burgundy would be the guy that has a better feel on that because it's been 3 years since I was in Lincoln.

With that said, I don't think he needs a handful more championships to be considered the greatest here. I think if he wins one more outside of this class of kids, he will easily be in that spot.
    I haven't sensed that I guess.

I agree, in fact I would say he is about 4 wins away from being put in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I haven't sensed that I guess.

I agree, in fact I would say he is about 4 wins away from being put in that category.
    Yeah, maybe you know more than me. I know a limited sampling of Nebraska fans so I'm not reliable.
    check neg rep

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So the fans will decide the next coach in Lincoln? I dont think so! Take the fans of the school to our east about 250 miles down I94, they would want no part of an ndsu coach ever, even if he had won the last 4 fcs titles. Craig Bohl could resurrect a program like MN, but would never be a good hire in the eyes of the fans, Never.

i disagree.