Page 33 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Beck Pilloried in the Media

Default Re: Travis Beck arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU '96 View Post
    Percent chance Beck plays a down in the 2013 season?
    9.93% according to my calculations

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU '96 View Post
    Percent chance Beck plays a down in the 2013 season?
    I'll go to the other extreme. 100%.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What do you think happens to Beck if the charges are reduced or dropped all together?

Im sure if the charges are reduced there will be a rather hefty punishment...I assume the whole season but could see 5-6 games. If the charges are dropped I still see some type of suspension coming his way but it will be interesting to see how long. Personally I think a 3-4 game suspension would be fair. Based on what GT said after the petition gate issue, this situation seems to fall right in with the "unacceptable" behavior he listed off. Even if all charges are dropped, he still KO'd a kid...Outside of actual playing time I think the athletic dept/football staff should take a hard look at what they can do to keep him out of trouble if/when he is reinstated (required to stay on campus, morning breathalizers, random walk throughs by the coaches, curfew checks, etc)
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Coach Bohl has a thing about his players fighting. Beck better be in the right or he's done.
    Felony Assault... Knocked someone out, this one is going to be hard to make right, this is going to be a media night mare for the Bison football team.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I have never understood how you can discipline a student for something that didnt happen within the school year.
    Excerpted from the NDSU Student Code of Conduct, which all students sign and agree to adhere to when they matriculate:

Purpose:
    Respect for the Protection and Rights of Others
    A community respecting the protection and rights of others is necessary to provide a positive
    and enriching educational environment. Behaviors that inhibit the educational process are of
    concern, whether they occur on or off university premises.

5. Respect for the Protection
    and Rights of Others
    The purpose of this section is to communicate the
    value the university places on respect for the protection
    and rights of others.

5.4 Aggravated Assault
    Aggravated assault, an unwanted touching by one
    person upon another in which the offender uses a
    form of weapon or displays it in a threatening manner,
    or the victim suffers obvious severe or aggravated
    bodily injury, is prohibited.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Really? So please tell me why NDSU should have any say over you getting a DUI in the state of Mn or ND in July when you arent in school?
    If he is paticipating in summer workouts, he is enrolled in a PE class, which is why the strength coaches are allowed to work eith them. So, Beck was enrolled in summer school if he was participating in summer work outs.

IMO charges will be dropped. Heard the video shows the other guy as the aggressor with Beck holding his hands up and backing away. It's a funny world we live in that if you get into a fight and win - you lose. How come the loser never goes to jail?
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

IMO charges will be dropped. Heard the video shows the other guy as the aggressor with Beck holding his hands up and backing away. It's a funny world we live in that if you get into a fight and win - you lose. How come the loser never goes to jail?
    If that's true, this better be ended QUICKLY.

If that is indeed true, I don't see how he could be charged in the first place.

It sure would be nice to have some good news for a change. But, I will only believe this when the charges are dropped and Beck is reinstated; nothing ever goes this well for NDSU.