Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice NDSU article in Lincoln Journal Star Sports Section...

Default Re: Nice NDSU article in Lincoln Journal Star Sports Section...

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    So the fans will decide the next coach in Lincoln? I dont think so! Take the fans of the school to our east about 250 miles down I94, they would want no part of an ndsu coach ever, even if he had won the last 4 fcs titles. Craig Bohl could resurrect a program like MN, but would never be a good hire in the eyes of the fans, Never.
    I agree. During the time of Kill's hiring, the uproar on GH was deafening. They would only have been happy with a Lou Sabanesque hire.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Not that I disagree that he could potentially retire here, but I've kinda heard the attitude on Bohl has changed a bit. Burgundy would be the guy that has a better feel on that because it's been 3 years since I was in Lincoln.

With that said, I don't think he needs a handful more championships to be considered the greatest here. I think if he wins one more outside of this class of kids, he will easily be in that spot.
    I tend to agree with this very much. I have two daughters that live and work in Lincoln and another in Omaha. One graduated from Nebraska. Two of them manage restaurant & bars, one in Omaha and the other at Lazlo's downtown Lincoln. My oldest has a marketing job that takes her all ver Nebraska. They started out Bison fans until moving to Nebraska. Of course everything there is about the Huskers. They have mentioned over the years all the talk about Bohl (mostly negative 5 to 10 years ago), but most recently about the Bison and how well Bohl has done here. There is definitely some talk about a successful team to the north of Nebraska that has some connections.
    My daughters who have not been to a Bison game in 15 years now want to take in the Bison game experience. They want to go to K-State game and the only game they can go to in Fargo, Northern Iowa. Nothing will compare to the big game experience at Nebraska on game day, but Bison tailgate and a loud dome is a crazy good time! So do the fans choose the next coach for Nebraska.......no they don't, but the attitude about Bohl is shifting. A Bison win at K-state and a 3 peat FCS championship along with another mediocre Husker season and bowl game loss could make Bohl look awefully good. Remember, Nebraska is used to winning at football, and we all know the high expectations for NDSU football.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I agree. During the time of Kill's hiring, the uproar on GH was deafening. They would only have been happy with a Lou Sabanesque hire.
    Much as I agree with your statement Gopher fans are delusional and should never be compared to Husker fans. There is winning tradition in Lincoln and I believe some of Bohl's biggest critics have now started to recognize his success and that of a winning Bison football program that Nebraska wants to return to.

I haven't seen anything impressive from NE lately. I'm talking NE standards. WI putting 70 on them in the their first Big 10 Championship game can't sit well with the big donors. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Pelini supposed to be some kind of defensive genius? One other thing to consider is IF Bohl gets the endorsement from Osborne that is a big deal. Not sure if they have any kind of relationship but Bohl sure mentions him a lot.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Much as I agree with your statement Gopher fans are delusional and should never be compared to Husker fans. There is winning tradition in Lincoln and I believe some of Bohl's biggest critics have now started to recognize his success and that of a winning Bison football program that Nebraska wants to return to.
    I'll also add that Bohl, in many ways, coaches in the pattern that he learned from Osborn and many Husker fans revere that legacy.

Nebraska fans are starting to change their minds about Coach Bohl? Somebody cue star2city to get on their boards and start badmouthing him! <== Of course, I'm joking about this because I don't like seeing anybody maliciously slandered and hold out hope that even guys like star2city can change for the better.

Well done+++++
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    front page of today's sports section.

http://journalstar.com/sports/column...14f8e104a.html
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IMO, I think a win at K-State would put Bohl on the short list for a number of I-A jobs.