Thread: Which BIG school is more screwed up right now: Rutgers or Penn St?

Default Which BIG school is more screwed up right now: Rutgers or Penn St?

I'm still leaning Penn St but Rutgers is closing fast.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Penn st by far. But rutgers is clearly ran by a bunch of morons

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Which BIG school is more screwed up right now: Rutgers or Penn St?

Any negative pub for the B1G is well deserved.

Rutgers and Penn State are our only choices for screwed up schools? How could you guys not include Portland and the great car washing scandal that's going on there! Now that's what I call an institution that's out of control. Thanks goodness the NCAA stepped in to rectify the situation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...201607788.html

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Rutgers and Penn State are our only choices for screwed up schools? How could you guys not include Portland and the great car washing scandal that's going on there! Now that's what I call an institution that's out of control. Thanks goodness the NCAA stepped in to rectify the situation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...201607788.html
    Interesting that the NCAA says they didn't do it. Wonder if it was an overzealous compliance officer at Portland that actually is responsible. Or maybe it was a rubberstamp type of situation where Portland filled out the forms and some low level flunky at the NCAA just stamped it and tossed it in a bin without really looking at it. An even better(more realistic) scenario is where the compliance officer fills out the forms to be careful but doesn't actually think anything is going to come from it. The NCAA guy on the other end thinks there must be something to this since Portland kicked it up the ladder and signs off on the proposed penalty($20) thinking the people at Portland must know best.

Hammersmith's rule of thumb when dealing with bureaucracies: Never assume malice when benign incompetence is possible.

(Also, always assume everything on the internet was stolen from someone else.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Interesting that the NCAA says they didn't do it. Wonder if it was an overzealous compliance officer at Portland that actually is responsible. Or maybe it was a rubberstamp type of situation where Portland filled out the forms and some low level flunky at the NCAA just stamped it and tossed it in a bin without really looking at it. An even better(more realistic) scenario is where the compliance officer fills out the forms to be careful but doesn't actually think anything is going to come from it. The NCAA guy on the other end thinks there must be something to this since Portland kicked it up the ladder and signs off on the proposed penalty($20) thinking the people at Portland must know best.

Hammersmith's rule of thumb when dealing with bureaucracies: Never assume malice when benign incompetence is possible.

(Also, always assume everything on the internet was stolen from someone else.)
    Could be something to this. I just read a post on sportstalk.com that stated the same thoughts.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin