A move that many saw coming Western will now be looking for a new AD to lead the school in building athletic success.

The former AD resigned after it was made very clear he wouldn't be offered a new contract. While he was capable the demeanor he had in the office put many people off, the local community of Macomb has been very withdrawn from the Leatherneck fundraising efforts due in large part to Dr. Van Alstine, and finally when he fired Don Patterson who was a very average coach in the middle of a lost season TVA claiming he wasn't medically fit cost Western 2.4 million dollars. DUMB

I would say things will be looking very bright compared to the recent past at Western. I have been told Leatherneck Club memberships have picked up within literally 48 hours of this announcement. While TVA hired some good coaches and worked to have academic success he was never capable of swaying people to invest in the departments goals.

The new person will have a wealth of positive feelings to build off of from this move alone. I would be shocked if the football facility renovation wasn't redesigned and put into motion by this time next year. Hiring Nelson showed we are capable, if football gets going everything else will follow even if it takes time.

I for one am relieved and confident the future just brightened for Western.

Keep an eye out for us, we certainly see the need to be more XDSU and less Indiana/Purdue@nobodycares...