Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers Lost Money Selling Beer

Default Gophers Lost Money Selling Beer

Naughty by nature...not cause I hate ya.

Minnesota just passed $2 billion in New taxes... I am not at all surprised they found a way to lose money selling beer to college kids watching football. They obviously put in a good effort to find a way to produce this outcome.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

Default Re: Gophers Lost Money Selling Beer

more reasons why im glad i dont live in minnesota

haha, that contract is stupid. Plus at 7.25 whatever a beer, and beer sales ending at halftime(most of their games are at 11 or 2, why the hell do they have end so early)..no wonder why they lost money.

As someone who wants NDSU to sell beer at games, I hope to god they are smart enough to not follow UMinns footsteps.

How did they only sell $900,000 in alcohol at $7.25 a unit?

That's only 125,000 units over 7 home games? 18,000 units a game?

Something isn't adding up here.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    How did they only sell $900,000 in alcohol at $7.25 a unit?

That's only 125,000 units over 7 home games? 18,000 units a game?

Something isn't adding up here.
    I was a season ticket holder last year. A couple of observations.

1. A lot of people come in the game late because of tailgating and leave the game early. Lets be honest. The gophers suck. Its not like people are in a hurry to get into the stadium or die hard to stay late and watch the debacle each week. They also don't have dome nazis walking around the tailgate lots telling people to pack it up and head inside.

2. If people are coming in late and they shut it off at halftime. duh...not a lot sold.

3. They only sold it in one tent from what I can remember in the west endzone. Its not like they had beer vendors all over the place.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I was a season ticket holder last year. A couple of observations.

1. A lot of people come in the game late because of tailgating and leave the game early. Lets be honest. The gophers suck. Its not like people are in a hurry to get into the stadium or die hard to stay late and watch the debacle each week. They also don't have dome nazis walking around the tailgate lots telling people to pack it up and head inside.

2. If people are coming in late and they shut it off at halftime. duh...not a lot sold.

3. They only sold it in one tent from what I can remember in the west endzone. Its not like they had beer vendors all over the place.
    So what you're saying is not only did they negotiate a terrible deal with their vendor, then they didn't let them vend.

18,000 units is a slow day in the ice house for John and Max down in Wabasha. Not only do you have to work hard to lose money selling beer, you've got to work hard to sell so little beer.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 05-21-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Shanley parents and teachers were one of the groups that raised money by volunteering to work in concession stands at the Fargodome when it first opened. We made much more money during events where we could sell beer than the dry events.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Shanley parents and teachers were one of the groups that raised money by volunteering to work in concession stands at the Fargodome when it first opened. We made much more money during events where we could sell beer than the dry events.
    You're surprised by that? lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    So what you're saying is not only did the negotiate a terrible deal with their vendor, then they didn't let them vend.

18,000 units is a slow day in the ice house for John and Max down in Wabasha. Not only do you have to work hard to lose money selling beer, you've got to work hard to sell so little beer.
    Its been one of the pain in the butts since they opened. When they first opened, they had vendors using calculators to figure out the total. The lines got so long...most people gave up. They actually have a few people walking the aisles but again very few. I cant tell you how many times I would have killed for a water or pop vendor to come by. its been a mess since the day it opened. They have improved on some things, but no...I was not surprised they screwed this up too.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club