Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Big 10 Will Stop Playing FCS teams....

Default Re: Big 10 Will Stop Playing FCS teams....

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    You misunderstood. The B1G commissioner was sending a subliminal message to NDSU to move up.
    Thats gotta mean an invite? Right?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats gotta mean an invite? Right?
    It's in the mail...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

It's in the mail...
    Waiting on the text?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Waiting on the text?
    Does the SEC have your number?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Does the SEC have your number?
    They called so many times I had to get an unlisted number.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Fine. But, NDSU should NEVER be a part of these discussions. When people see FCS they think more of the Cupcakes. NDSU is an anomaly right now and definitely not representative of the bulk of FCS football. A couple years ago, FCS went 2-72 or something like that against the FBS. That's the perception.
    This is the money quote. Nobody is afraid of "the fcs". They should and do fear losing to NDSU right now, but when they ban FCS games it isn't because of anything other than perception of SOS.

Also I was pretty sure BCS refers to teams in AQ conferences, not just teams who could potentially make a BCS game which is of course all FBS teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    This is the money quote. Nobody is afraid of "the fcs". They should and do fear losing to NDSU right now, but when they ban FCS games it isn't because of anything other than perception of SOS.

Also I was pretty sure BCS refers to teams in AQ conferences, not just teams who could potentially make a BCS game which is of course all FBS teams.
    FYI no conference has banned games against FCS

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nebraska barely beats McNeese State, and afterwards Pelini is like "we're not playing FCS teams anymore." Does he realize the reason isn't because they almost lost to McNeese, it's because of supposed strength of schedule purposes? Wrong time to bring that up man. It's make it sound like you don't want to play them because you might lose to them.

This week Central Michigan beat Purdue and Northern Illinois beat Northwestern. Ohio State and Michigan State lose their OOC games, and Michigan doesn't score at all against Notre Dame.

There is something way worse going on the Big Ten right now than scheduling FCS teams. The leadership is way off base to cancel those guarantee games. The issue isn't who they're playing, it's how bad the Big Ten teams are. Improve the teams in the conference and it won't matter who you play. For crying out loud, quite embarrassing yourselves. You won't even make the playoff this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    You won't even make the playoff this year.
    Mike and Mike talked about this today. B1G fans, here is reality: If you have a 1 loss champ, you have not shot at the playoff. Even an undefeated champ may only be 50-50.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Mike and Mike talked about this today. B1G fans, here is reality: If you have a 1 loss champ, you have not shot at the playoff. Even an undefeated champ may only be 50-50.
    Although I don't think that the B10 is very good, what this really tells me is that the 4 team "playoff" though a slight improvement, is still a pile of trash