Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PantherU: Sources Confirm Oakland to Horizon League

Default Re: PantherU: Sources Confirm Oakland to Horizon League

Well I have heard reports that Detroit is still trying to block Oakland....not sure I'd say they are the most credible sources though. The problem for the Detroit is that the HL has to add somebody and that somebody has to have baseball....that severely limits their options.

Oru gone now oakland whats da point time for mountain west or mac and save our programs foe the future we are sitting ducks rite now and I wanna see some real basketball not goofy little south dakota teams

Unfortunately NDSU can't exactly invite itself into the MWC or the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Oru gone now oakland whats da point time for mountain west or mac and save our programs foe the future we are sitting ducks rite now and I wanna see some real basketball not goofy little south dakota teams
    If we dont have a new arena or plan B in place, we may find ourselves as an independent with no chance at the Big Dance and only playing goofy teams from South Dakota. Kind of sounds like the transition all over again. I suppose worst case we could join the WAC (aka great west)

More than likely we just bolster the summit with crap teams like Chicago State

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    If we dont have a new arena or plan B in place, we may find ourselves as an independent with no chance at the Big Dance and only playing goofy teams from South Dakota. Kind of sounds like the transition all over again. I suppose worst case we could join the WAC (aka great west)

What's funny about that is Chicago State might prefer to stay in the WAC vs moving back to the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    What's funny about that is Chicago State might prefer to stay in the WAC vs moving back to the Summit.
    The Summit commissioner says we turned down a few teams, wonder if Chicago State was one of them? In hindsight it was probably a bad move. I said 2 years ago we should add them because it was quite obvious we were losing teams and there isn't much out there within our footprint. Worst case it makes life easier for Western Illinois traveling having an in state team.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

I thought construction of the SHAC was scheduled to start this summer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Now PantherU claims there may be more additions to the horizon besides Oakland...

According to an administration executive at a Horizon League university, the conference's impending addition of a new school will be the first of hopefully "several new members," the source told PantherU.com in an e-mail.

The source would not confirm or deny whether or not the ninth Horizon League school would be Oakland, only to say that "There will be an announcement soon on a new member." PantherU confirmed through four sources yesterday that Oakland would be the first new member, but none of them knew about anything beyond Oakland.

When asked whether Oakland would be the only school joining the Horizon League for the 2013-14 season, the source said, "That...will depend on how quickly the other schools can get board approval and leave their prospective conferences." It sure looks like other schools are in serious discussions to join the Horizon League.
    http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/c...hopefully-more

Sounds like Oakland was voted into the HL today...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Now PantherU claims there may be more additions to the horizon besides Oakland...

http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/c...hopefully-more

I sure hope we are one of them, HL needs baseball teams as they are at the minimum.

we really need this bad
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant