Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PantherU: Sources Confirm Oakland to Horizon League

Default Re: PantherU: Sources Confirm Oakland to Horizon League

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I'd like to see the Summit invite UNC and UND. UNC and Denver will be travel partners, NDSU and UND would be travel partners.

UND and UNC can stay in Big Sky football or move to the MVFC, replacing YSU (assuming YSU leaves for the CAA).
    Me too. 4 Dakota Schools, + UNO, UNC is mega stable. That's 1 short of 7 which I think is the auto bid #. We can always find a #7 team. Its the core of theNCC that lasted decades, the Dakota schools lasted 100 years playing each other

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    they can stay in the big sky for football, assuming the big sky will allow that (doubtful)
    Davis and Poly are football only aren't they?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Yes. They are. While the Big Sky "MIGHT" agree to more football only members, I don't see those schools ever wanting to do that. Far easier for them to remain full members as they are now.

I don't think UNC would benefit from a move away from the BSC.

UND would be better served by a Summit/MVFC affiliation, IMO. (There's probably some "emotional" reasons they might not see it that way.)

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    those two had so many options for FCS football affiliation on the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    those two had so many options for FCS football affiliation on the west coast.
    Sacramento, Poly, and Davis... where else could they go? Honestly I can't even remember what is Poly and Davis regular conference for other sports?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think it would have been hard for UND to say no to a Summit and MVFC invite...
    FIFY... that said it's going to take some good persuasion skills to get them to come now, not saying it couldn't be done but they're going to have to prove to UND that this isn't a flash in the pan fix that the SL and MVFC will be stable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    FIFY... that said it's going to take some good persuasion skills to get them to come now, not saying it couldn't be done but they're going to have to prove to UND that this isn't a flash in the pan fix that the SL and MVFC will be stable.
    UND fans will never admit it but playing NDSU, SDSU, USD and UNI in football every year provides way more value than the Big Sky schools...their fans can travel to those games and they are games that actually mean something when it comes to recruiting. Those are all schools they actively compete with.

As for the Summit...Douple should be working hard to get a MN school to commit. New Summit..

NDSU-UND
    SDSU-Mankato or SCSU
    USD-UNO
    WIU-IUPUI
    IPFW-Denver

At this point I'd also look at putting the Summit tournament in the Twin Cities...the league would have a massive alumni presence there and if the league is going to be healthy long term it needs a presence in a big market.

First, I threw up a little in my mouth as I decided upon this.

Chicago St. needs an invitation. WIU needs games in Chicago/IL, SL needs a baseball team, WIU needs a travel partner if Oakland is gone, and we need that stability to invite anyone else into the fray. I can honestly say atm WIU would be best served in the HL. When I start breaking it down it is because our history with those schools, another member in state, slightly better travel, access to larger markets for recruiting, and we can still use the MVFC membership to keep football stable. However, Northern Ky is the clear favorite after Oakland. So I am more focused on SL improvement which has been going VERY well. Losing Centenary, Southern Utah, and creating a footprint were all wins. UMKC wasn't a loss I expected or wanted to see.

If the HL is appealing for those reasons than something must be done to make the SL appealing for similar reasons. While not UIC > Chicago St. offers us a piece to work with. Having bids and a geography worth a crap via conference games Chicago State may be able to compete. Student travel should be a concern for classes etc as well IMO. Their new arena is solid, they have enough teams sponsored, but sports there are still recouping from poor administrations. We could be part of the cure in the SL. I have always been against the re-addition of them but it should be considered. Promising a kid a few games back home in front of people in Chicago helps etc. Especially with Juco kids.

Personally nickname or not UND should be in the SL IMO. UNC considering the addition of DU makes sense as well. I wish very much for the SL to push the MVFC to add UNC and UND. It would keep me from ever having to logically address adding Chicago State. UNC/UND>>>Chicago State. Just to be clear but Football rules us all.

Proposed Travel Partners.... NDSU/SDSU, Omaha/Denver, IPFW/UIPUI, WIU/Chicago St. It as least makes sense, while not my first choice I always error on the side of reason. Ideally. UNC/Denver, IPFW/UIPUI, USD/SDSU, UND/NDSU, WIU/Omaha (tough match up but both are most out of place)

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why did the Summit not invite UND as a baseball member.... I don't get it.

YSU leaving the Valley would help the Summit league out. Opening a slot for UNC or UND to join the Summit/MVFC.

Chicago St. really needs to be looked at to add a member.

I will be honest, I never want to play SCSU or Mankato. It just makes me think how watered down D1 is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    While I think your analogy is absurd and doesn't make sense, I would love to hear what kind of car you think the Summit is.
    made perfect sense to me