Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rules to Address

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Rules to Address

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Some of those are great changes, some of them aren't that big of a deal. But some of them I just have to ask WHY?? 4, 5, 8, and 10 I just don't understand the rationale for those. #4 we're going to penalize a team for playing good defense now? Looks like this is a change to make the game more like the NBA, which I don't want to happen. #5 I don't understand why you play with one set of rules and then change them DURING the season. #8 Most teams do it anyways and the refs don't enforce it so i guess that's why. #10 is just stupid to me. Also #9 I'll believe it when I see it especially during March. During Nov and Dec. we'll see it all the time, but I'd be shocked if we do during March.
    I'm afraid we will see #9 enforced sporadically by different conference officials. Especially when we play up Nort eh. Just like two years ago. What a shit show that was. I thought we were going to have to put in a cheerleader or two the way guys were fouling out.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Some of those are great changes, some of them aren't that big of a deal. But some of them I just have to ask WHY?? 4, 5, 8, and 10 I just don't understand the rationale for those. #4 we're going to penalize a team for playing good defense now? Looks like this is a change to make the game more like the NBA, which I don't want to happen. #5 I don't understand why you play with one set of rules and then change them DURING the season. #8 Most teams do it anyways and the refs don't enforce it so i guess that's why. #10 is just stupid to me. Also #9 I'll believe it when I see it especially during March. During Nov and Dec. we'll see it all the time, but I'd be shocked if we do during March.
    I suspect #4 is a counterbalance to #1. By reducing the shot clock by five seconds, they must have felt the five second dribbling rule was no longer needed. Or they felt that both of them combined would have been too much.

As for increasing the PF limit to 6 during the postseason tournaments other than the NCAA tourney (#5) my guess this is rule they'd like to enforce all season but they want to experiment with it in the glorified exhibitions that the NIT, CBI, and thewhateveritscalled.com tournaments are. They did the same thing with the 30 second shot clock last year I believe. My guess is we'll see the PF limit increased to 6 for the 2016-17 season because I can't really see how that change could blow up in their faces but I guess we'll find out in the postseason this year.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Love not letting the coach call a TO from the bench during a live ball situation. Let the players play!