Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 NFL Draft

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Nothing against Brock, but there is no way in my opinion he should have a higher positional ranking than Billy Turner for the NFL and it really shouldn't be close. I don't even care if Turner has ability to play two positions. I just don't see Brock as an NFL QB unless something drastically changes this year.
    Brock is good nothing wrong but one area he needs to improve is throwing long passes to WRs.

If I were Coach Bohl I would take the QB and WRs and make them stay in the same house, just so that their communication improves. Right now he is just good with Ryan Smith.

This is what they do in soccer few weeks before the World Cup the coaches take their strikers and put them in the same room just to improve the understanding between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Nothing against Brock, but there is no way in my opinion he should have a higher positional ranking than Billy Turner for the NFL and it really shouldn't be close. I don't even care if Turner has ability to play two positions. I just don't see Brock as an NFL QB unless something drastically changes this year.
    Last time I checked, there are two tackle spots on offense and only 1 QB. Answer Guy, can you confirm this?

If Answer Guy can confirm this is the case, Turner is rated higher at his position.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Brock is good nothing wrong but one area he needs to improve is throwing long passes to WRs.

If I were Coach Bohl I would take the QB and WRs and make them stay in the same house, just so that their communication improves. Right now he is just good with Ryan Smith.

This is what they do in soccer few weeks before the World Cup the coaches take their strikers and put them in the same room just to improve the understanding between them.
    I'm pretty sure Brock is roommates with Smith and Gebhart.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Last time I checked, there are two tackle spots on offense and only 1 QB. Answer Guy, can you confirm this?

If Answer Guy can confirm this is the case, Turner is rated higher at his position.
    I can confirm.

(Forgot all you guys took your math classes at the AC.)
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    I can confirm.

(Forgot all you guys took your math classes at the AC.)
    I took mine in witmer, and can confirm that schools with shitty math departments (whioux could that be?) shouldn't toss stones.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I took mine in witmer, and can confirm that schools with shitty math departments (whioux could that be?) shouldn't toss stones.
    U of M Morris?!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A really good article in this months SI magazine about the draft and in particular, the body types the NFL is looking for in DL and OL.

They are looking for less girth and weight than before because of the new offenses coming into the league but they also want guys who are used to a physical style of football and can run. So, LT like Luke Joeckel from TAMU, Eric Fisher from Central Michigan, Calvin Terron from Arkansas Pine-Bluff and Lane Johnson from Oklahoma are the top four in this years draft. All are 6'5"-6'7" and 306-310, right in Billy Turner's range. All of these guys run sub 5.0 40 yd dashes, I don't know what Billy runs, however.

The other thing they are looking for are LT in that size range that played for running teams and are used to being in three point stances. Many of the college OL today come from spread offense systems and spend too much time in a two point stance, and the conversion for them to the NFL has proven difficult because the blocking schemes are "too simplistic" and they are not technically trained since they only have to "get in the way" instead of actually block.

One could envision Billy rising higher if he has a good senior year and a good combine.

Somebody get Billy the number for RDO...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."