Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future Schedules

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Future Schedules

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    In theory you are correct, but in practice the process is not as democratic as you make it out to be. I highly doubt that every member university is actively writing and voting on every rule.

This is like saying that Congress is voted in by the people so we, the people, are making all the laws and get to vote on final appoval of said laws. Doesn't quite work out that way.

I stand by my earlier statement. A vast majority of universities are committing minor NCAA infractions everyday and if audited would be subject to penalties. The system is petty and unjust.

OK just petty.
    I agree with everything you are saying but the same type of representation would exist with a sub-set of NCAA schools that exists with the entire membership. They may not at first but they will eventually evolve to it because that's what organizations do.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I agree with everything you are saying but the same type of representation would exist with a sub-set of NCAA schools that exists with the entire membership. They may not at first but they will eventually evolve to it because that's what organizations do.
    3043 cant come soon enough

Somewhat related: It cracks me up when some talking head fool (like Mike Greenberg) says something like, "Just pay the athletes a certain agreed upon amount to keep schools from cheating."

Somehow these idiots think that moving the bar from the current $0 to something higher will solve everything. The schools will "evolve" into finding the new dollar level OVER the limit that creates results for them in their recruiting.

The NCAA, because none of us are as dumb as all of us.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Somewhat related: It cracks me up when some talking head fool (like Mike Greenberg) says something like, "Just pay the athletes a certain agreed upon amount to keep schools from cheating."

Somehow these idiots think that moving the bar from the current $0 to something higher will solve everything. The schools will "evolve" into finding the new dollar level OVER the limit that creates results for them in their recruiting.
    Agreed. I don't believe the schools are making a ton of money in athletics. Some coaches are but that's it. A lot of the money the schools are bringing in is funding all the other non-revenue sports. Schools do not profit like a business...all money goes to an expense. A few salaries might take up a lot of that expense but the school is not "profiting".

Quote Originally Posted by TennBison View Post
    The good thing about the NCAA is that no school is above the law. The NCAA does not care who you are, if your caught doing something wrong your going down.
    Yeah right. They catch OSU breaking rules, it's 2 years probation. They give Akron the death penalty just to teach OSU a lesson!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Question about future schedules (!).

It appears that since we finished our transition to DI that we've chosen to play schools from big conferences as our FBS opponents. It's been a long time since we played a MAC school, and we've never gone to CUSA or Sun Belt or any school like that. It's been BCS or Mountain West. Any idea why that is? It seems to me that it would be an easy OOC win plus the exposure that comes with FBS, so we'd continue to spread Bison nation love around a bit.

Now that I think about it, it seems like even SoCon teams play the SEC way more than they play at Sun Belt or lower FBS teams.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it does make me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Question about future schedules (!).

It appears that since we finished our transition to DI that we've chosen to play schools from big conferences as our FBS opponents. It's been a long time since we played a MAC school, and we've never gone to CUSA or Sun Belt or any school like that. It's been BCS or Mountain West. Any idea why that is? It seems to me that it would be an easy OOC win plus the exposure that comes with FBS, so we'd continue to spread Bison nation love around a bit.

Now that I think about it, it seems like even SoCon teams play the SEC way more than they play at Sun Belt or lower FBS teams.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it does make me curious.
    As far as why we don't play Sun Belt or CUSA teams, we usually try to play FBS teams inside our recruiting footprint.

Your are correct and that is why the NCAA should be toppled and rebuilt from the ground up every 50 years or so. In the case of our govt., every 200 years or so should do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    As far as why we don't play Sun Belt or CUSA teams, we usually try to play FBS teams inside our recruiting footprint.
    I also believe we stopped playing MAC schools because they don't payout a big enough guarantee.