Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fargo-Moorhead metro pop. for2012 - 216,312

Default Re: Fargo-Moorhead metro pop. for2012 - 216,312

Haha, WF grew way more than 450...they have all new neighborhoods south of 32nd ave with very nice houses...im still wondering where the hell those people came from, or work. Its a nice city, too bad it can't really grow anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    too bad it can't really grow anymore.
    ???????????????

This is just a silly statement. Of course the city can continue to grow. It's just got to get denser instead of expanding geographically.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Geographically yea it sucks. and so does condensing.

Its a nice city, too bad it can't really grow anymore.
    can't grow anymore?????? Have you been down in the area. There is a ton of open development and open lots in the developments present. There is enough room for thousands more.

Heck just the number of school kids was more than 450, numbers numbers numbers, sometimes you believe them sometimes you just have to laugh at them.

i dont know the territories in that part very well...where does Horace stake claim south of WF?

i dont know the territories in that part very well...where does Horace stake claim south of WF?
    This shows the outline of WF, there has been development since the photo that they use but there is quite a few open areas for development.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...g&ved=0CHgQtgM

After looking at the pic and my area I would guess that the pic is from fall of 2011 maybe as Costco wasn't started yet.

Well after looking some more it all depends on how far in you scroll as for date of pic.

almost impossible to find a date on that pic...Im lookin at my house and if its zoomed out a certain amount, isn't built yet but the foundations there...but if you zoom in one notch, the house is built, and the neighbor has his deck built which was last summer.

Yeah, West Fargo has some room to grow. Fargo manages to fit in 374 more people per square mile.

Kind of surprising that Horace doesn't have that much less land than West Fargo (Horace goes from 64th ave down to 124th). West Fargo goes 12th Ave N down to 52nd Ave S with hardly any housing north of Main. And it looks like Fargo has claimed land in a thin strip along the border of Horace all the way to 112th - wonder if that keeps Horace from expanding east?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, West Fargo has some room to grow. Fargo manages to fit in 374 more people per square mile.

Kind of surprising that Horace doesn't have that much less land than West Fargo (Horace goes from 64th ave down to 124th). West Fargo goes 12th Ave N down to 52nd Ave S with hardly any housing north of Main. And it looks like Fargo has claimed land in a thin strip along the border of Horace all the way to 112th - wonder if that keeps Horace from expanding east?
    There's going to be annexation disputes between Fargo/WF/Horace in the near future.

I just wish Fargo and WF could merge. Horace is far away enough that it can grow on its own.

Even according to Census estimates right now, we'd have a nice agglomerated city of about 135,000 on the ND side of the Red.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

It would seem that there's growing support for a new census, even folks in Grand Forks want one:
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...roup/homepage/

I would think that Minot would like to hold off on a new census until they're certain they've hit the 50k population mark (if that's indeed going to happen). If Minot does hit and is able to sustain a 50k population, Minot would become the state's 4th metropolitan area. For comparison, Nebraska and South Dakota each only have 2! I know the state has a long way to go to even catch up with South Dakota, but more metro areas means more Federal $$$ and it means more interest from expanding businesses.

These new estimates are good news; the growth rate continues to be strong. The Fargo DMA only needs to add an additional 60k people for it to become a Top 100 TV market

http://www.sportstvjobs.com/resource...sizes-dma.html