Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: NIT/CBI/CIT Speculation

Default Re: NIT/CBI/CIT Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Just a little food for thought. If the Summit does end up contracting quite a bit but those teams that are in it make a conscious effort to schedule tough even if we don't win them it will bring up the RPI of every team in the Summit and that will in turn also bring up the RPI of the league. A smaller but stable Summit would be easier to build into a respectable RPI league. Everyone would have to buy in and it would probably cost each team some home games as you would not want to bring in the cupcakes just for a home date. We are not getting into the MVC anytime soon in my opinion so building the Summit is the next best alternative.
    That's exactly what the MVC did when RPI became a factor in the selection. It's how they got a bunch of at-large bids for a few years. You could say it's how the MVC became the household name it is today.

Without the Braun injury we may have been at the 28 win mark and no team has ever been left out with 28 wins
    TRUST THE PROCESS

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Without the Braun injury we may have been at the 28 win mark and no team has ever been left out with 28 wins
    Just curious, you mean left out of the NIT?

28 total wins or 28 Division 1 wins?

Did the NIT Committee see us as a 24 win team this season or a 26 win team this season? Haven't heard if this is taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    That's exactly what the MVC did when RPI became a factor in the selection. It's how they got a bunch of at-large bids for a few years. You could say it's how the MVC became the household name it is today.
    Thats what I was thinking but couldn't remember for sure. Tough to do in a large conference but in a smaller Summit and if teams step it up and with a stable core of I-29 teams they could pull themselves up. The first step when we moved up was to stabilize the Summit as much as possible, the next step is to bring up the RPI level and that will give the coaches more fire power with recruiting and it could snowball. The Summit used to be the transition league but that is now the WAC that is the please please join us league. With Centenary gone, Southern Utah gone, UMKC gone the footprint has tightened and the RPI has increased.

I meant the dance! No d1 team with 28 wins has ever been left out
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I meant the dance! No d1 team with 28 wins has ever been left out
    Same question then. 28 all division wins or 28 Divison 1 wins?

Remember, we have only achieved 22 DI wins this year. Our DI record is 22-9.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Remember, we have only achieved 22 DI wins this year. Our DI record is 22-9.
    This is what I am getting at. Wondering how the NCAA Committee would have looked at us if we ended up w/ 28 wins but only 26 Division 1 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    This is what I am getting at. Wondering how the NCAA Committee would have looked at us if we ended up w/ 28 wins but only 26 Division 1 wins.
    The list of criteria is pretty long. 28 wins with a poor RPI, no wins against the top 50, and few against the top 100 would not impress the committee. The question is always, "who did you beat?"

Schedule tough and beat a few good teams. A problem we have is the overall quality of the Summit is a drag on RPI or whatever SOS system that is used.

My guess is NIT bound. For us in my opinion to have a chance of making the dance as an at large would have needed 28 wins. Absolutely needed to win either the IU or Minnesota game along with the Akron game. Also needed to be the SL regular season champs and lose a tight one in the finals of the SL tournament.