Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NIT/CBI/CIT Speculation

Default Re: NIT/CBI/CIT Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    kalamazoo.......where r u .......why couldnt it be a easier destination would love to go and watch ..........hard place to get to dammit
    Kalamazoo is the place I would always grab a hotel when driving from Mpls to Toronto.

There's an awesome Italian restaurant off the interstate on their main commercial strip (I think it's called Wedgewood Drive??)
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's also important to note it took several years of Butler winning a game or two in the NCAA tournament to get any kind of team to come to Hinkle. And they have the benefit of being in a major city with a lot of other nearby schools in a historical arena that many other schools would love to play in. The first major opponent I remember was Ohio State when Thad Matta got there. He was a former Butler coach. I think there is a connection to Hanover. They are now sought for the better pre-season tournaments and can get home-and-home with some decent opponents. The A-10 was a huge step up in competition from the Horizon. I think the new Big East will be as good or better but with schools that have more name recognition (Georgetown, Villanova, St. Johns).
    How many former NDSU coaches are out there? I know Miles was generous with the series again CSU, but how about a couple trips down 29 to play the Huskers or a weekend of former NDSU coaches and a Craighton/Nebraska weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    How many former NDSU coaches are out there? I know Miles was generous with the series again CSU, but how about a couple trips down 29 to play the Huskers or a weekend of former NDSU coaches and a Craighton/Nebraska weekend.
    Who is Craighton?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So UND gets to play Northern Iowa and we are stuck with Western Michigan? Awesome.

believe it or not we are in the better of the two crap tourneys........cutest fat girl scenario
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    So UND gets to play Northern Iowa and we are stuck with Western Michigan? Awesome.
    CBI is above the cit that's why. CBI allows bcs schools, cit doesnt. so its a slap in the face to our new rival uni

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Bummer on the NIT, but not surprising. In my opinion, there are three things we need to do with regards to scheduling in order to carry more weight into the postseason. First, we Need to continue building the OOC schedule; it was solid this year and was the reason for the relatively high RPI. Even though we got killed by Minnesota and Indiana, their exceptional SOS pulled our RPI way up. We absolutely MUST stop scheduling reg season games against Mayville St. and Valley City St. Schools like Gonzaga, Butler, and Xavier have built their ooc schedules by scheduling long-term series with comparable programs, and by scheduling two for one home-and-home series with teams on a higher level than them, in which they played on the road twice while receiving only one home game.
    Second, they need to actually beat a team in the RPI top 50.
    Finally, we need to make it our highest priority to upgrade our conference affiliation, preferably to the MVC. Unfortunately, the name "Summit League" defines irony. Because it sits at the bottom, it will be difficult/impossible to improve the Summit, although we should always be looking to do so. The reality is just that better programs are not going to leave superior conferences to join the Summit. There also are not any programs in lateral or inferior (if there are any) conferences that would improve the overall quality of the Summit. I recently heard a media type (sorry, don't remember who) on Jack Michaels' show saying that NDSU will improve fan interest by scheduling old NCC rivals, the likes of St. Cloud and Mankato... WTF!?!?
    I know other posters have said this but we get two extra home games; however, attendance against these opponents are pretty bad. Might as well try to get a better away game.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    believe it or not we are in the better of the two crap tourneys........cutest fat girl scenario
    Cutest fat girl is right. At this point I think average fan doesn't even know the Bison are still playing.

well.....that is the sad state of affairs ........ 3rd most wins in program history against the toughest schedule and if you asked a average person around town .......they would say average season
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    I know other posters have said this but we get two extra home games; however, attendance against these opponents are pretty bad. Might as well try to get a better away game.
    Games against those opponents historically draw crowds of 1,600-1,700 and are always our lowest draws of the season.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz