Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Anderson wins tourney, ties national record, sets NDSU record

Default Amy Anderson wins tourney, ties national record, sets NDSU record

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=206738060

Amy Anderson tied the NCAA record for most tourney wins while setting the NDSU record for 54 holes. She won the tourney by 14 shots and finished 7 under.

Breaking it down by rounds, she was five shots up after the first round and nobody got within three shots of her in other two. That's domination.

Default Re: Amy Anderson wins tourney, ties national record, sets NDSU record

She is amazing. Glad she is a Bison!!! Her records will stand for a Very long time.

She's now tied with Julie Inkster. I'm not sure if Inkster is already in the LPGA Hall of Fame. If not, she's a lock.

Edit: Julie was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2000.

How often do people win in golf by double digits? In this dimension?

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    How often do people win in golf by double digits? In this dimension?
    There have been 6 victories ever on the PGA tour of 14 strokes or more.

Tiger won the US Open by 15 at Pebble in 2000 which, considering the field and the course, is probably the most dominant victory in the history of golf.

Johnny (for the love of God please shut up) Miller won the Phoenix Open in 1975 by 14. The rest of them are all pre-1950 (Ben Hogan is on the list).

http://golf.about.com/od/progolftour...awinmargin.htm
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Congrats to Amy!!!

Congrats Amy!

Congrats Amy,

Amy takes home another individual title and the Bison win the team event at Creighton....

OMAHA, Neb. - North Dakota State's Amy Anderson shot an even-par 72 in the final round and won the Creighton Classic for the fourth straight year Tuesday, April 16, at Oak Hills Country Club.

North Dakota State rebounded from a four-shot deficit entering the day to beat Northern Iowa by five shots for the team title, which is NDSU's school-record fourth win of the season.

NDSU shot 625, Northern Iowa shot 630, Western Illinois was third with a 649, Bellevue fourth with a 658, South Dakota State fifth at 659, and South Dakota and Omaha tied for sixth at 664.
    http://www.gobison.com//pdf9/1957886.pdf

Shouldn't SI be doing an article on her or are the tourney's she wins not considered heavily because if comparative competition--just asking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.