Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Only way I consider this season a success

Default Re: Only way I consider this season a success

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    If he had done anything after 2009 I might be willing to give him credit. He has not. Hit the criteria that I have layed out and I'll be willing to give him the nod for 2009. The facts remain he has not.

Look I'm not trying to pick fights here but win something that matters, that is all I'm asking! I'm even giving mutiple things that matter and none of them have been met.
    Thats fine you have your right to your opinion. My opinion is Saul was the head coach in 2009 and took us to the dance with an incredible amount of pressure and expectations. I understand we had some pretty damn good players but they improved a good deal from their junior to senior year, there some coaching being done there.

At that time we were all in as a program with that team and group of seniors. Im not sure what you were expecting the following two years after 2009. It was rebuild mode for us. New coach with transition recruits and losing three of the best ever to wear the Bison uniform. Now the last two years are fair game to judge Saul. Last year we completely fell apart in the second half of the season...a disappointment if you ask me. This year was solid, did some really nice things and gained confidence. Have things we need to work on for next year if we are going to live up to expectations. Going to be fun to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Thats fine you have your right to your opinion. My opinion is Saul was the head coach in 2009 and took us to the dance with an incredible amount of pressure and expectations. I understand we had some pretty damn good players but they improved a good deal from their junior to senior year, there some coaching being done there.

At that time we were all in as a program with that team and group of seniors. Im not sure what you were expecting the following two years after 2009. It was rebuild mode for us. New coach with transition recruits and losing three of the best ever to wear the Bison uniform. Now the last two years are fair game to judge Saul. Last year we completely fell apart in the second half of the season...a disappointment if you ask me. This year was solid, did some really nice things and gained confidence. Have things we need to work on for next year if we are going to live up to expectations. Going to be fun to see what happens.
    Who did we beat that impressed you?

Who did we beat that impressed you?
    I agree we didnt have a win that really stands out, really only had two chances to get that signature win and didnt happen. I said that we had solid season. 24-10 is solid to me, did well in Non conference play, did okay in conference play, would have liked to gotten at least second but an injury to our best player tripped us up a bit. Were able to win Sioux Falls, something we have struggled with and made it to the finals. Sucks because I thought we could dance and came up short against SDSU. Team knows where they have to improve to meet next year expectations, lets see if they can get it done.

There will be plenty of chances to get that signature win next season!

^^^^^ Yeah, next year we have to win the Summit, nothing else will do. I was really wanting a signature win this year. I thought it would really help these Juniors get some confidence.

I think a tougher schedule would have been a good thing this year. But as I mentioned in another thread, schedules are tricky. I don't blame Saul for that. Make it too tough and you hurt your team, especially with how we finished last year.

I think I'm leaning moving forward to make it more of an Oakland type schedule. Make it brutal and let your guys learn.

^^^^^ Yeah, next year we have to win the Summit, nothing else will do. I was really wanting a signature win this year. I thought it would really help these Juniors get some confidence.

I think a tougher schedule would have been a good thing this year. But as I mentioned in another thread, schedules are tricky. I don't blame Saul for that. Make it too tough and you hurt your team, especially with how we finished last year.

I think I'm leaning moving forward to make it more of an Oakland type schedule. Make it brutal and let your guys learn.
    Wont disagree with much of this but add our location doesnt do us any favors when it comes to scheduling.