Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU for the Dance

Ndsu needs to go fbs. Mountain west preferably. is The bball tourney in vegas?

Thats a tad above sioux falls. Leap now or sink with the fcs ship!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Its Game Day

My thoughts for tonight.

Brown has to have a excellent D game and the big thing will be him staying out of foul trouble. We have been doing a good job of switching this year and being good enough defensively to have that work. Remember last year when we would switch and then get beat badly we have improved tremendously defensively from then. We have to keep the switches from getting Woltors on Bjorkland though as that could be major trouble.

On offense we need to have consistency all night long. We can't have the large scoring droughts of the last few nights and when we lost in the regular season. We would have 6-8 minute scoring droughts during those games and Saul has to recognize when it is getting away and take the time outs or get the right play call to stop it. Good teams play great in Big Games. The boys need to be loose and take it up a notch. Play with confidence and swagger. Bjorkland needs to hit the kick out pass as soon as the double team comes and the person he hits needs to be ready to swing the pass or take the shot without hesitation. Hesitate and the D can recover, don't hesitate and have smooth sharp ball movement and we should get open looks. Then we also have to do a great job of adjusting to the way the Officials are calling the game, I expect them to call it really close and put their stamp on the game. I also would love to see Felt in early running his little ass off making them chase him all over the offensive end. The rabbits do not go deep on their bench and this will either tire them out or it will leave him open and we all know what happens when he is left open.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU for the Dance

Someone correct me if I am wrong but NDSU hasn't lost a conference game this year with Braun in the lineup. Keep in mind NDSU was #1 in the conference and 15-3 before Braun's injury. When NDSU and the Jacks played in Fargo in late December, LA and Bjorklund has huge games.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

This will be a great game and I expect it to come down to the final minutes.

I just hope nobody sneezes on Wolters, because that will be called a foul.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but NDSU hasn't lost a conference game this year with Braun in the lineup. Keep in mind NDSU was #1 in the conference and 15-3 before Braun's injury. When NDSU and the Jacks played in Fargo in late December, LA and Bjorklund has huge games.
    You are correct sir! Good point!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    This will be a great game and I expect it to come down to the final minutes.

I just hope nobody sneezes on Wolters, because that will be called a foul.
    Sad but true.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One thing I noted last night is that when the post (mainly Bjorkland) is flashing to the block our guys are late on the entry pass or in Braun's case not really even looking for the pass. This pass needs to be early, if delayed it makes for a tough pass and an easy double team. Braun seemed really out of synch in this area as he seems hesitant to make the pass and would rather hold the ball. This timing is crucial for a good offense as it gives Bjorkland the opportunity to have a split second to see the double team coming. Once you ruin this flow it kind of screws up everything.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyptubas View Post
    Not sure but this game might bring more attention to the university than 2009. In 2009 there wasn't the name recognition attached to us yet from our successful FB team. Some random sports aficionados might tune in tonight and make the connection.
    One definite advantage of this year would be that basically our entire team would be back. This would help exposure both individually and as a team. When Woody and crew made it that was great, the school got exposure, Woody got some late exposure, but except for the midnight madness thing, the hype was pretty much over that year. When SDSU made it last year, you can see how Wolters and their team is on every list this year. Scouts had a full year to watch him after his tournament appearance. People got a chance to learn about him at the big dance, then enjoy that for another year.

I'd love to see that for this crew. Make the dance this year, then have the people start saying 'Wow, all of the players that play meaningful minutes are underclassman, what a great story, etc.' Then next year's schedule will just continue to get better and better, exposure will be high all through next year, and our team and individuals will reap the rewards of that. Side benefit, hopefully this also locks up the BSA renovation which needs to be done yesterday!

Wish I could have been in SF for this. Was there for the first court rush. I have this gut feeling Wright will be a major factor tonight. He loves playing in SF and could be the difference maker. Wolters will do his thing. If we can shut down the rest of the team, Court Rush 2013 is on! Bison seal this with a late Trayvon dunk, 62-54.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Wish I could have been in SF for this. Was there for the first court rush. I have this gut feeling Wright will be a major factor tonight. He loves playing in SF and could be the difference maker. Wolters will do his thing. If we can shut down the rest of the team, Court Rush 2013 is on! Bison seal this with a late Trayvon dunk, 62-54.
    Let's hope the players know that Gatorade and hardwood don't mix.