Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU for the Dance

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU for the Dance

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    You don't think Kansas geared their defense to stopping Woody? Sorry but bigtime players show up in bigtime games. Ben took the whole team on his back and tried to will them to a victory over a much superior team.

Wolters did just the opposite. Sorry without a true jump shot he's just not getting to the rim in the NBA like he did in college. Not going to happen. Even last night you could see he could get to his spot but had trouble finishing and that was against Michigan.

Not a hater just stating my opinion...
    I can't take anything away from Woodside, what he did against Kansas was special, no doubt.

Michigan completely abandoned the rest of the Jackrabbits offense. Carlson (CARLSON!) and Feigen shot 14/18 on uncontested jumpers (mostly). White went 1/8 on uncontested jumpers (mostly).

I have no idea if Wolters will make it in the NBA, I certainly don't think he will be an all star. But a stalemate against a Big 10 POY isn't the scarlet letter everyone here is making it out to be.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...e=marchmadness

Just a reminder of Woody's and the teams mindset.

That's the killer instinct Wolters doesn't have. He needed to show it last night and he didn't. He needed to put the team on his back and he didn't...he went out without a fight....

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Sure, Michigan shut him down. They geared the entire D toward stopping Nate. And he still got 10-5-6.

BTW, the Big 10 POY and first round lock pick managed to burn Wolters for 6-0-7. But he was just having an off night, right?

I have no idea if Nate will play in the NBA. But the Wolters envy around this place is silly sometimes.
    Where did i say burke had an off night? What do you think made him miss open jumpshots? was it wolters's presence because it certainly wasnt the d he was playing. Granted he was helpin out in other areas..but if burke has a normal game..he wins that match up last night.

Id give the edge to wolters round 1... But thats only because he sneezed on burke who then slipped on a banana peel

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    You don't think Kansas geared their defense to stopping Woody? Sorry but bigtime players show up in bigtime games. Ben took the whole team on his back and tried to will them to a victory over a much superior team.

Wolters did just the opposite. Sorry without a true jump shot he's just not getting to the rim in the NBA like he did in college. Not going to happen. Even last night you could see he could get to his spot but had trouble finishing and that was against Michigan.

Not a hater just stating my opinion...
    Dude. No. Collins and woodside went at eachother all game. Bison fans can claim this great 37 pt game...but he also got burned by collins for 30 plus too, didnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Dude. No. Collins and woodside went at eachother all game. Bison fans can claim this great 37 pt game...but he also got burned by collins for 30 plus too, didnt he?

nelson guarded collins the majority of the game. he played solid defense on him for the most part. it was just collins' day. everything was falling for him. some of his shots would clank off the iron and in. a lot of the shots were contested too. only so much you can do sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    nelson guarded collins the majority of the game. he played solid defense on him for the most part. it was just collins' day. everything was falling for him. some of his shots would clank off the iron and in. a lot of the shots were contested too. only so much you can do sometimes
    Correct. The general lack of interest fromt he NBA for Woodside had very little to do with his offensive skills (other than a small concern about the ability to get the jump shot off, which was something he worked on and improved). Suffice it to say there was a reason why Woody wasn't guarding Collins.