Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPI Update: The Conference Tournament Madness Begins

Default RPI Update: The Conference Tournament Madness Begins

NDSU's RPI improved 9 spots from last week, going from 86 to 77. This puts the Bison in a position to get a 13/14 seed if they run the table in SF.

NDSU
    Record/Summit: 22-8, 12-4
    RPI: 75
    vs top 50: 0-3
    vs 51-100: 1-1
    vs 101-200: 5-4
    vs 201+: 14-0
    Non-DI: 2-0
    Good Win: 70. SDSU
    Bad Loss: 170. Green Bay, vs 127. WIU

Summit League:
    **67. Denver**
    70. SDSU
    75. NDSU
    127. WIU
    136. Oakland
    241. USD
    269. Fort Wayne
    284. Kansas City
    290. Omaha
    326. IUPUI

Bison Non-conference Opponents:
    10. Indiana
    21. Minnesota
    48. Akron
    152. Towson
    167. Green Bay
    171. Morehead State
    171. Morehead State
    182. YSU
    205. JMU
    221. Duquesne
    229. UND
    288. Utah Valley
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 03-07-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Default Re: RPI Update: The Conference Tournament Madness Begins

My prediction: Good chance the Bison and Jacks meet in the Summit Tourney Final. Essentially home court for SDSU and Saul's dribble, dribble, pass, pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, pass, force pass, turnover or bad shot offense wins it for the Jacks. Only way Bison win this game is if they shoot over 60% or break free from the waste time every possession waiting for a better shot, (even so much as to not take an open shot early). I wonder how many Bison fans make the trip to Sioux Falls? My bet is nowhere close to when Woodside was playing. Just sayin..........

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    My prediction: Good chance the Bison and Jacks meet in the Summit Tourney Final. Essentially home court for SDSU and Saul's dribble, dribble, pass, pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, pass, force pass, turnover or bad shot offense wins it for the Jacks. Only way Bison win this game is if they shoot over 60% or break free from the waste time every possession waiting for a better shot, (even so much as to not take an open shot early). I wonder how many Bison fans make the trip to Sioux Falls? My bet is nowhere close to when Woodside was playing. Just sayin..........
    Honest question, did you watch any of the first 18 games or maybe the game on Saturday?

I dont disagree that the Jacks could beat us in the finals, very possibile, but dont agree with the reasoning.

Your bet is also probally safe on the fans, I dont think it will be as high and for lots of reason. SDSU wasnt the favorite and for Bison fans it had been building for years and it was new thing. Still hope for a good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Honest question, did you watch any of the first 18 games or maybe the game on Saturday?

I dont disagree that the Jacks could beat us in the finals, very possibile, but dont agree with the reasoning.

Your bet is also probally safe on the fans, I dont think it will be as high and for lots of reason. SDSU wasnt the favorite and for Bison fans it had been building for years and it was new thing. Still hope for a good showing.
    And sd has said he won't drive across town to see a game..... Just saying
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post

There was a Hoth blizzard that week which shut down i-29, plus any cold-temperature surviving microbes. Hell, I wasn't even there, and I was the "superfan" at the time of Woody.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post

Omaha is not very good.

On that note though we will win the tourney and get to the sweet 16 imo....Sweet 16 or Bust!
    "We All From Africa"

Trying to make sense of an sdbison basketball game analysis is like a european soccer fan trying to make sense an an american football game.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Omaha is not very good.

On that note though we will win the tourney and get to the sweet 16 imo....Sweet 16 or Bust!
    You are right, Omaha isnt very good but they arent flat out awful, I think a lot more had to do with the way the Bison were playing. The offense was back and moving the ball around and getting easy shots the way was during the 15-3 stretch. Having Braun back just makes life so much easier for Bjorklund, Wirght, and LA.

We did limit Omaha to 57 points at home, no other team has held them under 70 at home. Sad how some give our defense no love, Kenpom has us at #33 in the country in adjusted defensive efficiency. Which is extremely impressive....defense is what wins come tournament time.

Woodside played out of his mind vs Kansas in the dance but we couldn't get stops, KU got whatever they wanted when they needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Trying to make sense of an sdbison basketball game analysis is like a european soccer fan trying to make sense an an american football game.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    ha ha ha you so funny!