Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Default Re: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

With Denver coming into the Summit, if the Horizon comes calling for Oakland, NDSU and SDSU do we go?

I say yes, but does Gene get pressure from the MVFC to try and hold the Summit together to keep WIU and USD floating for Football? lets face it without OU, NDSU, SDSU the Summit is done IMO

Does WIU bring anything to the table for another conference outside of football? what does USD do I think they are to new to be suited by the Horizon so do they suck it up and look west to a conference they took a collective shit on just a few years ago? at some point don't the MVC football schoos throw some weight around to try and hold the Football conference together. as its apparent the MVC is catering to the ball schools and the FB schools just get in line and vote

lots of shit can change
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    With Denver coming into the Summit, if the Horizon comes calling for Oakland, NDSU and SDSU do we go?

I say yes, but does Gene get pressure from the MVFC to try and hold the Summit together to keep WIU and USD floating for Football? lets face it without OU, NDSU, SDSU the Summit is done IMO

Does WIU bring anything to the table for another conference outside of football? what does USD do I think they are to new to be suited by the Horizon so do they suck it up and look west to a conference they took a collective shit on just a few years ago? at some point don't the MVC football schoos throw some weight around to try and hold the Football conference together. as its apparent the MVC is catering to the ball schools and the FB schools just get in line and vote

lots of shit can change
    I think the horizon makes most sense if they take a few say five and start a western half of the conference idk usd, Omaha us sdsu and Denver ..... Could play in division twice and the other division of conference once maybe idk end up with 12 14 teams to keep travel expenses down idk a theory only
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

lots of shit can change
    I don't see how the MVFC can pressure us when they wouldn't let UND join the MVFC a few years ago.

Going to the Horizon is a slam dunk, it puts us right in Wisconsin and Chicago which are huge recruiting areas for a number of sports and the Horizon has a real TV deal with ESPN. Add NDSU, SDSU, Oakland and NKU or WIU to the Horizon and you have a league that can go head to head with the MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't see how the MVFC can pressure us when they wouldn't let UND join the MVFC a few years ago.

Going to the Horizon is a slam dunk, it puts us right in Wisconsin and Chicago which are huge recruiting areas for a number of sports and the Horizon has a real TV deal with ESPN. Add NDSU, SDSU, Oakland and NKU or WIU to the Horizon and you have a league that can go head to head with the MVC.
    Absolutely. Makes perfect sense on all levels.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Well worth the reading time, even for TAB.

http://usat.ly/ZE8KYT
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.