Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Anyone else spot this on the mo valley board? These are in dollars, not pesos. Notice a difference between conferences?

Mens basketball coaches salaries
    Creighton $1.35M
    Wichita $900k (incentives pushing to $1.5m)
    Bradley $700k (incentives pushing to $1m)
    UNI $500k
    ISU Red $375k
    SIU $300k (but were paying Lowery $750k IIRC)
    Drake $274k
    MSU $241k
    ISU Blue $219k
    Evansville $180k

Endowment of candidates, salary of head coaches
    Denver $380m; $300k (in 2008; probably significantly higher now)
    Loyola $385m; salary undisclosed (but I can't imagine it's more than $300k)
    UIC $181m; $300k salary
    Valpo $141m; salary undisclosed (but they gave Drew a contract extension and he's sticking around so it must be significant)
    Belmont $76m; $728k salary
    UMKC $1.2b (system-wide so misleading); $250k salary
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Default Re: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    The Horizon has Butler $$$.

It makes no sense for the Summit to subsume the Horizon.
    I think you meant to say HAD

The credits stay with the conference I believe and are good for a extended period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The credits stay with the conference I believe and are good for a extended period of time.
    yes. they go to the conference and it is big money.

it's clear the MVC will ever be a reality, so time to move on and get all our sports in 1 conference. it's really funny how Loyola who has been in the sub 200 RPI and less than 2500 butts in the seats is considered a good addition, wonder what the football schools think of this, as its clear they ave no intention of trying to preserve the integrity of the FB conference. Basically ths takes away any hope I Had of unifying the MVFC and possible whole conference jump to FBS should the door open to that in a couple years
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

The MVC football and basketball conference are separate entities.

Clearly our location is an issue with the MCV basketball conference.

I am beginning to wonder about moving all our conferences into 1 sport as well. Is this where the Big sky comes in? It sucks, the Big Sky is the only viable conference for this. It will clearly affect our football recruiting and I think will be a bad thing for our fooball program (AND basketball), but at least it solidifies our conference issue if it comes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    The MVC football and basketball conference are separate entities.

Clearly our location is an issue with the MCV basketball conference.

I am beginning to wonder about moving all our conferences into 1 sport as well. Is this where the Big sky comes in? It sucks, the Big Sky is the only viable conference for this. It will clearly affect our football recruiting and I think will be a bad thing for our fooball program (AND basketball), but at least it solidifies our conference issue if it comes to it.
    yes they are but still carry th name, officers, but different commissioners.

wonder what Indiana St, Illinois St, UNI, Misery St and Southern Ill would do if YSU left for the CAA, NDSU SDSU USD left for another all sports conference? have to think th OVC would look at WIU

I love th Valley by far better type of Football over track meet style Big Fluffy but if they are going to focus on Basketball only it's not the right fit
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    yes they are but still carry th name, officers, but different commissioners.

wonder what Indiana St, Illinois St, UNI, Misery St and Southern Ill would do if YSU left for the CAA, NDSU SDSU USD left for another all sports conference? have to think th OVC would look at WIU

I love th Valley by far better type of Football over track meet style Big Fluffy but if they are going to focus on Basketball only it's not the right fit
    Which teams are currently upgrading their football facilities in the MVFC? Obviously NDSU and UNI are pretty stuck with what they have, but why spend the money on improving football facilities if they weren't looking to use them to make money or possibly move up?
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I will say it is funny that NDSU has had more winning seasons since joining DI than Loyola has had in the past 25 years. Not exactly sure why the MVC picked that school, the private schools are driving that conference right off a cliff.

I also think the MVC is a bit foolish to not go to 12 schools.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I will say it is funny that NDSU has had more winning seasons since joining DI than Loyola has had in the past 25 years. Not exactly sure why the MVC picked that school, the private schools are driving that conference right off a cliff.

I also think the MVC is a bit foolish to not go to 12 schools.
    Conferences aren't only going to select teams with a history of winning. Someone has to be at the bottom. There are a lot of other factors to consider.