Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Default Re: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Get out your township map, Ajax.

Churches Ferry is the last bastion of civilization before entering the hinterlands (Benson County and points west).
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I feel NDSU is going to jump into the FBS at some point so being a selfish guy I am cheering for a SL break in football to offer Western a more stable home in the future. I don't think the SL will make it through realignment without adding football, the SL has too many obstacles to add members which we all know about. Long shot I know... but you can all see my reasoning. With two automatic playoff spots and a rotated schedule MVC vs SL teams I saw it working with some twists. Popular opinion sits with the MVFC so I didn't expect much popularity.

Macomb is actually a nice college town, very classic feel that appeals to many but the market size will always be small. Because of that I don't want to end up in the WAC though but that is looking more and more likely. Just tough after so much progress for the conference. I could see a DII move before the WAC for Western honestly, it is expensive travel and such a joke. I wish the BCS teams would break away and give everyone a nice reality check. It will happen soon enough. What a tough situation to find yourself in as a fan.

The Big Sky, Horizon, and OVC should sweep up a lot of schools if NDSU goes. The whole house would fall in because the inability to add football members as a MVFC affiliate. I guess we will see, I didn't think NDSU would be the MVC's preference but at this point it is very possible. As for the SL after what priorities have been revealed I think we will all look to leave the league asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I totally agree in time they may be able to build something but it is going to take time. With Nebraska and Creighton will there be enough interest left to build it.

As to The western fan and Summit football, why would we give up some of the best games on our schedule, UNI, SIU, ISU red was a playoff team. We didn't play Western the last two years and well I don't think anybody really cared to much, USD is Teeeeeerrrrrrrriiiiiibbbble maybe they can turn it around. We are very happy with Valley Football and it will take some of the teams going FBS to break up the MVFC.
    Or we go with them to FBS, which is ultimately what I would like to see, ISU-R, UNI, MSU, YSU, NDSU all going to FBS together. Doubt the Sycamores, Jacks, Coyotes, Leathernecks or Salukis have the resources to make the jump.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Or we go with them to FBS, which is ultimately what I would like to see, ISU-R, UNI, MSU, YSU, NDSU all going to FBS together. Doubt the Sycamores, Jacks, Coyotes, Leathernecks or Salukis have the resources to make the jump.
    What do we gain going to fbs? We would be a have not ndsu athletic budget is in the 14million dollar range.... The Mac is the only place we fit and they are gonna be froze out when it comes to the playoff system.... Lets stop for a second and look at teams that have actual chance of being in the hunt for the bcs playoffs and their athletic budgets are mostly in the 40 million dollar range where does ndsu get the money to be actually competitive at that level
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    What do we gain going to fbs? We would be a have not ndsu athletic budget is in the 14million dollar range.... The Mac is the only place we fit and they are gonna be froze out when it comes to the playoff system.... Lets stop for a second and look at teams that have actual chance of being in the hunt for the bcs playoffs and their athletic budgets are mostly in the 40 million dollar range where does ndsu get the money to be actually competitive at that level

duh.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I still think this whole FBS thing is unlikely to happen. I think the perfect spot for us is FCS plus MVC BB, that is if they'll have us. That said, I'm sure GT and company are always reviewing the landscape and will look to jump if that becomes the best option. Like others have said, this isn't done shaking out yet and it wouldn't be a big surprise if the BCS conferences go off and do their own thing entirely. At that point, everything changes and we'd end up in the highest "non-BCS" level, whatever that would be called. We'd compete just fine at that level. In the meantime, I don't see a benefit of moving up and playing in a shitty bowl game. It's not 1964 thinking and I definitely think they should keep an eye on things and be prepared to move if/when it makes sense. I just think it's unlikely. I'm much rather be planning trips to Frisco!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

The MVC is a perfect fit. I hope GT is doing everything he can to get us in.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I was speaking on terms when the big boys leave and what now are not power conference FBS teams become the new I-AA
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I was speaking on terms when the big boys leave and what now are not power conference FBS teams become the new I-AA
    I'm with you on that sentiment
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Get out your township map, Ajax.

Churches Ferry is the last bastion of civilization before entering the hinterlands (Benson County and points west).
    Okay, you got me, but Churches Ferry is right on that line...how about Brinsmade...Bombers...I made that up. I don't think Brinsmade has had a school since the early 1900s. About the same size as Harlow.