Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Default Re: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Hypothetical.... What if the Summit becomes unstable and the Big Sky Commish calls GT? Do the Dakota Schools move? (The UNI and S. Ill fans who don't want NDSU in the MVC may want to consider that scenario.)
    If it means a secure future I'm sure he would entertain the idea
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    We'd almost have to. Recruiting in both basketball and football would take a big hit IMO but you can't always have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    You can never Say never but i think the core is stable with NDSU, SDSU, USD. UNO in transition is not moving as I don't think the MVC will want third fiddle in Omaha at least not yet with no proven track record. WIU is also not going anywhere, c'mon they are in McComb a "town" of 20,000. They have a boys basketball team this year but that is the first with a winning Summit record since about 1998. So we have a base of 5 teams that is fairly stable.

Until we destabilize it with a move then all bets are off but I think we are in a OK position.

The hypothetical is very real... Honestly NDSU waited too long to make the jump to D1 and if the MVFC goes beyond this year as is they will have waited too long again. This time in regards to the SL football expansion. If you want stability and you want to be good at numerous sports than you have to invest in putting logical institutions around yourself.

If the SL isn't growing during this realignment it is going to die. I really want to set a solid football brand to help everything else so we can start scheduling and attracting bigger pieces.

SL- "Hey UND wanna come play at our house?"
    UND- "Sure but do we have to be the MVC's punks and playthings?"
    SL- "Not with you here!"

SL- "Uh Northern Co any interest in playing in a better league for your two main sports?"
    Northern- "Hell ya, but does that mean DU will beat up on us?"
    SL- "Yes, now quiet and let DU be happy!"

If the league changes to the degree it fails then honestly shame on the Dakotas. You have more power than anyone else currently in the SL but it is being wasted on dreams of being a Valley Girl. 'Like umm 'Cool and 'Whatevers... but if that doesn't work out like hoped (no grudged just logical expectations upon realizations) you had better come back to the SL and its fan-base ready to get off your butts and make some moves to bring stability here! I am tired of everyone worried about the MVC stability. I get it but fool me once shame on you... fool me twice we are all asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    You can never Say never but i think the core is stable with NDSU, SDSU, USD. UNO in transition is not moving as I don't think the MVC will want third fiddle in Omaha at least not yet with no proven track record. WIU is also not going anywhere, c'mon they are in McComb a "town" of 20,000. They have a boys basketball team this year but that is the first with a winning Summit record since about 1998. So we have a base of 5 teams that is fairly stable.

Until we destabilize it with a move then all bets are off but I think we are in a OK position.
    We can hate on UNO all we want but they are in a good situation. They have a great location. They have no football so like the Butler's and Creighton's they can invest most of their money into basketball to build it, and they will. I don't know how successful they will be but if a conference is looking at long term they are a very intriguing school.

I have no interest in Summit football if the MVC schools are not a part of it. Would rather be in the Big Sky at that point.

I'm still not sure what has people so convinced they UNC would want to leave the Big Sky. They are a western school and that is a western conference, it fits them perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post
    The hypothetical is very real... Honestly NDSU waited too long to make the jump to D1 and if the MVFC goes beyond this year as is they will have waited too long again. This time in regards to the SL football expansion. If you want stability and you want to be good at numerous sports than you have to invest in putting logical institutions around yourself.

If the SL isn't growing during this realignment it is going to die. I really want to set a solid football brand to help everything else so we can start scheduling and attracting bigger pieces.

SL- "Not with you here!"

SL- "Uh Northern Co any interest in playing in a better league for your two main sports?"

If the league changes to the degree it fails then honestly shame on the Dakotas. You have more power than anyone else currently in the SL but it is being wasted on dreams of being a Valley Girl. 'Like umm 'Cool and 'Whatevers... but if that doesn't work out like hoped (no grudged just logical expectations upon realizations) you had better come back to the SL and its fan-base ready to get off your butts and make some moves to bring stability here! I am tired of everyone worried about the MVC stability. I get it but fool me once shame on you... fool me twice we are all asses.
    This is the second post I have with you regarding SL football. I'm not sure if you are looking into SL football conference but the boosters at NDSU will never allow the school to look into that direction. If the time comes that the MVFC falls they will look seriously into FBS.

I personally think FBS is right around the corner regardless of conference action.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    We can hate on UNO all we want but they are in a good situation. They have a great location. They have no football so like the Butler's and Creighton's they can invest most of their money into basketball to build it, and they will. I don't know how successful they will be but if a conference is looking at long term they are a very intriguing school.
    I totally agree in time they may be able to build something but it is going to take time. With Nebraska and Creighton will there be enough interest left to build it.

As to The western fan and Summit football, why would we give up some of the best games on our schedule, UNI, SIU, ISU red was a playoff team. We didn't play Western the last two years and well I don't think anybody really cared to much, USD is Teeeeeerrrrrrrriiiiiibbbble maybe they can turn it around. We are very happy with Valley Football and it will take some of the teams going FBS to break up the MVFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post

SL- "Not with you here!"

I don't see why we would want to break apart our most stable conference in our biggest sport so that we can have basketball be stable. Football is what we are known for at NDSU. It makes no sense to pull out of one of the strongest football conferences at the FCS level, one could argue the best, but that's another argument. Another thing, if NDSU is able to get into the MVC for all sports, we would be joining the currently #9 RPI ranked conference in the country, that is ahead of FBS conferences like the Sunbelt. I realize that the RPI would go down because of Creighton leaving, but we still would be upping ourselves in conference play at all levels. I would love to see how our track and field teams do there, I mean, it's fun winning the SL indoor and outdoor for the last six years, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Whatever dude. The Harlow Highliners have central Benson County locked up!
    Harlow Highliners? What about the Churches Ferry Raiders? I think they own!!