Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Default Re: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

I don't think Evansville is going anywhere if the ORU move is made so DU should be safe in the SL but Oakland is already gone. They will be added to bring the A10 to an even 12 members. I don't think the Horizon will do anything other than add Oakland. I don't even think the OVC would accept the request from UIPUI & IPFW. The OVC could easily just sit at 10 members even if they lost Murray State and Belmont to the MVC.

OMG, why do we Bison fans self-deprecate ourselves?? ("Yeah, I think the MVC would rather bring in these three tiny-ass private schools than the Dakota Summit schools... We're not good enough for them, blah blah blah.")

Attitudes round here were more confident 6-7 years ago.

NEVER sell your alma mater short of reality. It means you're not really proud of your degree.

Here's what I can totally see happening:

Creighton, Bradley and Evansville - Goneski to the Catholic Boys. MVC down to 7.

NDSU,SDSU,USD,UNO, Denver added to MVC, makes a nice 12.

WIU to the OVC. They really want more of that rivalry with EIU.

IUPUI, IPFW and Oakland to replace the Horizon schools that left
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I agree. It's hard for me to see Omaha ever becoming a big deal around Nebraska and Creighton. I have no idea what's going to happen but it would be awesome if NDSU got into the MVC (oh, and SDSU too).
    Two MVC games per week on FSN Midwest and a couple other FSN's doesn't hurt.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I'm thankful you don't make decisions for ndsu. Especially one day when we're basically in the Great West standing around holding our cocks saying "what happened?"

The Mvc is ten times the conference on all levels.
    what?! you mean we should be exploring options now???

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Im with slick. Lateral move if the MVC has no intentions of moving up in football. Sexier home bball games, but football is king.
    By definition, moving to the mvc is not a lateral move simply because their basketball (even without CU) is far superior to the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    By definition, moving to the mvc is not a lateral move simply because their basketball (even without CU) is far superior to the Summit.
    Yep. Top 10 conference rpi and attendance. Natural geographic rival's. Multiple bid tournament possibilities. 5 year tv contract with espn featuring a minimum of 40 games. Rights to broadcast all games on espn3. Biggest no brainer in history

And other games on Espnu check out tv contact http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketbal...ent-with-espn/

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I feel that a move from the SL to the MVC is an upgrade for anyone even without CU or even without CU & WSU.

WIU doesn't want to leave their football rivalries in the MVCF for the OVC, WIU would be happy to get in the mix with a football remix in the SL. Football has and will drive Western towards their future. Being in the best FCS league is a huge priority.

EIU isn't that big of a deal IMO, having a school within our state to market against would be a drastic improvement though. I would love to see the OVC lose out on UW-GB & UW-M to the SL with a school like Loyola etc in the mix for WIU to hype against. Chicago market is clutch for us too but with no competition there we lose out on tons of recruits IMO. That comment stands for all SL teams but especially Western.

I feel comfortable saying that USD has no chance same as Omaha in the MVC. Them being mentioned is a drastic stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post
    I feel that a move from the SL to the MVC is an upgrade for anyone even without CU or even without CU & WSU.
    That's unquestionable. Southern Illinois, Bradley, and UNI have all made runs into the second weekend of the NCAA's in the last few years. As a footprint in college basketball it's a conference that remains on that second tier below the big 6 conferences along with the A-10, Conference USA, and MWC -although MWC has almost made that jump up to the Big 6).
    Summit is about 2 notches below that.

I guess I'm not sure why people here are so nonchalant about thinking they would easily add us. If they ever came seriously came calling for any Summit team, they should not even think about entertaining the thought of going. It would be idiotic to go without question in a second.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like next week will pretty interesting.......

Yea it will be insane! SL has came out on top so far though so I am looking forward to it all concluding.

I wish the SL commissioner was more active on such matters. If the Horizon loses much of anything aka Detroit I would love to steal away from their membership because I see us as equals at that point. UW-GB and UW-M won't want to leave but eventually the SL and Horizon will be even. I would love to compare travel costs for them in both leagues, they also need a baseball home which isn't too important for the Horizon.

We are a step down from the MVC, not two IMO. It used to be two steps down but losing our outliers and lowest member in UMKC actually helped bump us up.

I feel there are 6 tiers of college hoops teams. Programs in the SL make up either the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and even the 6th tier before Centenary left. Western had been on that 5th tier with UPUI, UMKC, IPFW, Southern Utah... Notice the SL upgrades when losing two of the four tier 5 schools and WIU's upgrade thanks to coaching.

WIU's upgrade has them in the 3rd tier at the moment... Oakland, SDSU, ORU, NDSU, DU are all 3rd tiers currently and consistently. MVC has a lot of tier 3's and a few tier 2's IMO. Occasionally they have a school slip to the 3rd tier which Evansville wants to avoid at all costs.

Omaha, USD, & WIU under normal circumstances are the 4th tier schools IMO. UIPUI and IPFW are dead weight 5th tiers though. UPUI could upgrade though with a move to the Pepsi Center on the In State fair grounds. They really need a nicer home for games. I hope we can lose them to the Horizon or OVC through all this shuffling or UIPUI pulls itself up a tier. I am ok with IPFW sucking becuase everyone needs a crap school to beat up on and they offer the sports we like without football hassles. Still I would love to see the Horizon add the 2 IN schools only to lose the two WI schools back to the SL!

If NDSU doesn't get an invite I don't think there is any reason to worry. Like I said it will likely be privates added to the MVC and an improved SL!