Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

Default Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

One has to think after Creighton potentially joining the Big East Catholic schools, that they would look at adding NDSU. Haven't seen a new threat with this , so I was curious with everyone's thoughts.....

Default Re: Missouri Valley to look at NDSU???

I won't make any wild predictions but I bet they will consider it. The schools they will look at adding all have flaws and strengths, there aren't any Butler's sitting out there for them to add. I don't think it hurt having MVC AD and presidents coming to Fargo for football games over the past few years.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    One has to think after Creighton potentially joining the Big East Catholic schools, that they would look at adding NDSU. Haven't seen a new threat with this , so I was curious with everyone's thoughts.....
    I think the Basketball schools sway the conference and because of that it doesn't look good for us, they will likely go after a BB school. Only thing we can hope for is them wanting to hold the MVFC together which we know is technically separate from the MVC yet still connected, keeping a solid base there helps the stability and future of he MVC. If the Summit folds where do the FB playing schools go? West and I bet the Big Sky wouldn't mind a east division with USD, SDSU, NDSU and UND. That scenario would really hurt the MVFC IMO. We will see, I'm thinking we are going to be SOL by he time this all shakes out

I think they'll have to think about it. Say NDSU, SDSU, USD, and YSU leave the MVFC, that'd leave the MVFC with not many teams. I can't imagine they'd like that.

I still don't think we get in but that'd be fantastic if we could sneak in.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I have heard rumors that they have looked at NDSU but the average home attendance was something very concerning to them that have stopped them from looking at NDSU seriously. Maybe they eventually won't have a choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I have heard rumors that they have looked at NDSU but the average home attendance was something very concerning to them that have stopped them from looking at NDSU seriously. Maybe they eventually won't have a choice though.
    Maybe we should start adding 2-3,000 fans that aren't there to our attendance like ORU does.

Bet if they threaten to leave the Missouri Valley for football, they would gladly welcome them with open arms!

ORU and Murray State have attendance around 4.5-5.5k.

Milwaukee, Belmont, NDSU, SDSU, Denver and Valpo are all around 3.1-3.5k

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Maybe we should start adding 2-3,000 fans that aren't there to our attendance like ORU does.
    There's a lot of truth in that. I looked in on 4-5 games of theirs this year that were on FCS. Same as usual, an arena full of empty seats. They're stats say they are averaging 4600 a game.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Bet if they threaten to leave the Missouri Valley for football, they would gladly welcome them with open arms!
    Not sure about that, hope we don't take that stance