Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Schedule

Default 2013-2014 Schedule

@SteveHallstrom: @SaulPhillips says on the show this morning that NDSU will play at Ohio State and Notre Dame next season. #StevesSportsSaturday

This is great news. We need to bump up the RPI wherever possible. Saul also said that we will play 2 mid-majors (including 1 at home). I wonder who the mid-major at home will be?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Awesome! May have to get to one or both games!

Default Re: 2013-2014 Schedule

Hahaha, the danger of hitting the "New Post" button: I read the first sentence and go, "HOLY CRAP!"

Then I read the next sentence and double-checked, "Oh, this isn't Football." Still warrants a "Holy carp!" just not all-caps and the saintly fish exclamation instead of the foul one.

Those are some great games, really would like to take a roadtrip to South Bend to watch the Bison play ND.

Is Akron the mid major? They have two years to play their return game here IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Is Akron the mid major? They have two years to play their return game here IIRC.
    No it is part of an event that the Bison will play in next year, similar to he Progressive Legends Classic they played in this year. The Bison will play four games as part of the event...@ND, @Ohio State, @TBA Mid-major and vs TBA Mid-Major.

Saul said the schedule will be insane...so far we have...

vs Towson
    vs Green Bay?
    @North Dakota
    @Western Michigan

Gotham Classic
    @Ohio State
    @Notre Dame
    @TBA Mid-Major
    vsTBA Mid-Major
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 02-23-2013 at 10:44 PM.

The event we will be playing ND and Ohio State in next year is the Gotham Classic.

NDSU signed a three year deal with Gazelle Group who organizes a number of these early season events and of course they also run the CBI postseason tournament which NDSU participated in last season.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 02-23-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    No it is part of an event that the Bison will play in next year, similar to he Progressive Legends Classic they played in this year. The Bison will play four games as part of the event...@ND, @Ohio State, @TBA Mid-major and vs TBA Mid-Major.

NDSU will also play at Western Michigan next year. Saul said the schedule will be insane.
    good. i like oaklands approach of a schedule for the most part. we return everyone and SHOULD be the favorite to win the Summit. Challenege these guys, maybe get a few good wins and prepare ourselves for a good seed

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I actually read on the bracketbusters page that since this is the last season of bracketbusters the return trip has to be made next season instead of the 2 year window previously held. Don't know if that's going to end up being the case but that's what it said on ESPN's page. If so, a solid mid-major TBA, Townson and Akron at home along with Ohio St and Notre Dame on the road is a GREAT start to our OOC schedule. Very exciting news. Especially since Ohio St. and Notre Dame both play a style of ball that we compete well against and will have a solid shot at pulling the upsets.

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

E_mask.jpgI heard Saul say on the radio not too long ago that there would also be a game at Arizona State next year. At that time he hinted at "2 other huge games" which I now assume he meant Notre Dame and Ohio State.

Autographed Ball.jpg
    Autographed Ball.jpg
    Last edited by Trim; 04-12-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: trying to attach pics
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter