Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we make the Sweet 16.....

Default If we make the Sweet 16.....

I think that NDSU will be Cinderella of the tourney this year. A huge reason would be the voice of our team is Saul Phillips. This guy has an electric personality and a wonderful humble demeanor that will play very well on the national stage. If we win those first two games (and I know that is an uphill climb), I think Saul and the Bison will be a total media darling. Wouldn't that be great.

Default Re: If we make the Sweet 16.....

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I think that NDSU will be Cinderella of the tourney this year. A huge reason would be the voice of our team is Saul Phillips. This guy has an electric personality and a wonderful humble demeanor that will play very well on the national stage. If we win those first two games (and I know that is an uphill climb), I think Saul and the Bison will be a total media darling. Wouldn't that be great.
    yep...that WOULD be great...IF it happens.

Seriously wyo...bad joojoo
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Indy is a host for the Sweet 16 this year. I would be good with that.

Totally agree how great that would be. Cinderella teams in March Madness though, usually appear from out of nowhere, with little or no expectations, other than from their own fans. In 2009, when NDSU played KU, you could tell for sure that Kansas "kind of" overlooked us. By the second half tho, with help from their Coach Bill Self, they knew we were a good team and this was serious. But we kept coming. Like Rocky Balboa, we just kept coming.
    So we might need to kind of stay off the radar a little?

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    yep...that WOULD be great...IF it happens.

Seriously wyo...bad joojoo
    Bad joojoo offset by "(and I know that is an uphill climb)." I agree with Wyo, and not unrealistic, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Totally agree how great that would be. Cinderella teams in March Madness though, usually appear from out of nowhere, with little or no expectations, other than from their own fans. In 2009, when NDSU played KU, you could tell for sure that Kansas "kind of" overlooked us. By the second half tho, with help from their Coach Bill Self, they knew we were a good team and this was serious. But we kept coming. Like Rocky Balboa, we just kept coming.
    So we might need to kind of stay off the radar a little?
    Like Saul said on the 740 The Fan interview, one nice thing about being a North Dakota team, we are ALWAYS off the radar. Nobody expects much. (Not a direct quote, but hopefully a semi-accurate paraphrase.)
    There will be some Cinderella hype, but nothing more than a dozen other mid-major teams will get.

And except for Bison Nation, I don't think there is a lot of recognition that the Bison were there in 2009. Five years is a long time.

Why not us!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NWNDBison View Post
    Like Saul said on the 740 The Fan interview, one nice thing about being a North Dakota team, we are ALWAYS off the radar. Nobody expects much. (Not a direct quote, but hopefully a semi-accurate paraphrase.)
    There will be some Cinderella hype, but nothing more than a dozen other mid-major teams will get.

And except for Bison Nation, I don't think there is a lot of recognition that the Bison were there in 2009. Five years is a long time.

Makes total sense to me. I wish I could here those "Saul" interviews live, but damn work gets in the way. We just might be the best possible Cinderella this year and no one will notice?...lol Fine with me...maybe we will get Clubber Lang(no relation to Derek) as this years opponent?

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This unknown comes out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Makes total sense to me. I wish I could here those "Saul" interviews live, but damn work gets in the way. We just might be the best possible Cinderella this year and no one will notice?...lol Fine with me...maybe we will get Clubber Lang(no relation to Derek) as this years opponent?
    Live's great, but recorded isn't bad. Sorry, don't know how to do the cross-post link, but visit:

2014 NCAA tourney media thread (p. 4, #37)