Page 50 of 295 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Default Re: 2014 Recruiting prospects

I don't have a major preference either since all these guys are super talented. I think midwest in general is the safer pick based on distance from home and weather. I just hope we can get some of these guys to a game because in McDermott-Vai's case - NIU may sound good but when you compare the stadiums and atmosphere in person - we win every time. But if a visit isn't made...

If we can sign Menard and McDermott-Vai our pass rush will be insane! That's a national championship caliber pass rush.

Stick, Fertch, and the TE from Wisconsin Beau B ( long ass last name) would be a great group. I actually like Fertch a little better than Gardner although most would disagree with me. Kids tall, strong, has moves and gallops like a deer.

Tacari Carpenter the athlete out of Illinois is real intriguing. Plays everywhere and seems to be real fluid athlete.

Either way we have a great group of guys! Its going to be fun to see how it unwinds with a large senior class. This could bethe next group of Marcus Williams, Billy Turner, Brock Jensen, and Sam Ojuri. Love watching a dynasty being developed

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I dont have a preference, I trust the coaches will recruit the best players for NDSU and the players who chose NDSU will hopefully buy into the system.

I dont think they have any chance at Baggett, Buehler, Gardner, Jennings, Maxwell or Johns. Hill and Carpenter are wild cards and I cant tell whether the offers are legit and still standing, much less if they will ever visit. Rassmussen would absolutely surprise me at this point. McDermott Vai really seems interested, but that NIU offer is something he sounded very excited about. Peters and Smith also have said positive things but it's 50-50 if they ever come for an official visit. Collins would be a steal and he is coming for a visit. Jackson has been trying to find a weekend that will work to come visit, lets just hope no MWC or Pac 12 schools offer. Williams is another hard one to get a feeling on, if recruiting ended today, I would expect him to accept the NDSU offer.
    Everyone else I think NDSU has a legit shot at or is even the top choice right now. We can expect right around 18 more scholarship names, plus the PWO's. Will be exciting to see how it all shakes out
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-02-2013 at 03:10 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    As Sioux Falls Washington is a traditional power in SD, was surprised to read their score from last weekend:
    Brandon Valley 56
    SF Washington 14
    The game article mentioned this being a rebuild year for Washington, but it still got me to wondering -
    With such a strong showing against Washington, are there some FCS prospects playing for Brandon Valley then?
    So perhaps Siouxfallsbison or others might have some insight there.....
    In checking the link from Kermit to SDSU's recruiting lists, did not find any names there from Brandon Valley.

P.S. If you went outside the CAS gates during the game, got your cute l'll bunny stamp on your hand to get back in, you could get right to the tailgating porta-tent and potties. No line, that was how I spelled relief.....
    We are in a rebuilding year....Very few good FB players (Marlette is the best player by far). Should be back on top in a year or two.

Gopherhole article on RB - Athl - Anthony Anderson from Eden Prairie - (2014 Interest)
    Said he was visiting No Iowa last weekend and Oct 5th - hmmmmNDSU
    Also said he went to camps at both NDSU and Northern Iowa.
    Hope he already has a ticket
    What a crazy weekend to visit!

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_artic...rrer_id=331171

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Gopherhole article on RB - Athl - Anthony Anderson from Eden Prairie - (2014 Interest)
    Said he was visiting No Iowa last weekend and Oct 5th - hmmmmNDSU
    Also said he went to camps at both NDSU and Northern Iowa.
    Hope he already has a ticket
    What a crazy weekend to visit!

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_artic...rrer_id=331171
    Watched his highlight and at first his quickness didn't impress me until I saw he was 6-2, 235! Saw on another site 6*3, 220

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

anyone have a hint at home many players we will be looking at for this class? and how many scholarships are available for incoming players

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    anyone have a hint at home many players we will be looking at for this class? and how many scholarships are available for incoming players
    Sams said this...

" We can expect right around 18 more scholarship names, plus the PWO's. Will be exciting to see how it all shakes out"

Should be fun. We have 24 offers on some really good potential players

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    it will be a full class, I just dont know the rules for how many players can be signed to LOI's and come to fall camp. My guess is 25 minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Herd890 View Post
    Who is all visiting this weekend for UNI? I believe I read Jackson Morrison at one point, but curious of others.

Will be an amazing playoff atmosphere so hopefully we will get some verbals by Sunday!!

Morrison is not for sure, working on confirmation. Tyus DeBoer says he is coming for an unofficial

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Morrison is not for sure, working on confirmation. Tyus DeBoer says he is coming for an unofficial
    If Morrison is NOT for sure, why do you need a confirmation? Or did you mean he is?

Good article on Tyus Deboer from last year. Didn't know much about Marshall's football program and the offensive line tradition. Also mentions Gimmestad. Looks like a beast!

http://www.marshallindependent.com/p....html?nav=5021