Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295
Results 2,941 to 2,948 of 2948

Thread: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Default Re: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I dunno...the kid had plenty of time to think this through and make a decision but he signed on with WY and if I'm in charge I'm going to expect people to honor that or pay some price as well. They just let him walk and it opens the floodgates for others to follow suit...especially in a lousy place like Laramie. They let kids do that there and who knows how many people they might lose. People need to have their minds set before making a commitment.
    When you recruit NDSU's territory over a thousand miles away instead of focusing hard on your neighboring states it's going to bite you in the ass.

Maybe kids will think twice before signing up for a prison sentence in Laramie Wyoming

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I dunno...the kid had plenty of time to think this through and make a decision but he signed on with WY and if I'm in charge I'm going to expect people to honor that or pay some price as well. They just let him walk and it opens the floodgates for others to follow suit...especially in a lousy place like Laramie. They let kids do that there and who knows how many people they might lose. People need to have their minds set before making a commitment.
    Hmmm may be Bohl should read this?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    When you recruit NDSU's territory over a thousand miles away instead of focusing hard on your neighboring states it's going to bite you in the ass.

Maybe kids will think twice before signing up for a prison sentence in Laramie Wyoming
    Haha. Agreed it is annoying considering they have good recruiting grounds a lot closer to them than ND, MN, Wis etc. Well it has now officially bitten them twice in one day and I hope they get the point and get new pipelines.

Haha. Agreed it is annoying considering they have good recruiting grounds a lot closer to them than ND, MN, Wis etc. Well it has now officially bitten them twice in one day and I hope they get the point and get new pipelines.
    If you think about it. Fargo to Minneapolis is a 3 hour trip. Players can easily drive it. Minneapolis to Laramie is 1000 miles or a 13 hour drive. It would be like Fargo recruiting kids from Cleveland!

In time it will change but if your going to recruit our territory, might as well recruit Florida or California. If I was Bohl western nebraska would be big. Colorado. Places near by that get cold. How about Washington?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you think about it. Fargo to Minneapolis is a 3 hour trip. Players can easily drive it. Minneapolis to Laramie is 1000 miles or a 13 hour drive. It would be like Fargo recruiting kids from Cleveland!

In time it will change but if your going to recruit our territory, might as well recruit Florida or California. If I was Bohl western nebraska would be big. Colorado. Places near by that get cold. How about Washington?
    Really they could recruit NB, Col, MT, Idaho, and even WA and OR. WA and OR have areas very similar to the various parts of WY and it wouldn't be a shock for those guys. The western parts of those states are similar distance compared to us. There are a lot of athletes in Col with 2 crudy FBS programs that I would think WY should be able to compete with.

Stop with the bohl bashing you twerps he gave us 3 titles and bigtime fbs wins and gameday. Who cares if this kid is released probably doing ndsu a favor so he doesn't come here then quit week 2 because he misses his girlfriend
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Stop with the bohl bashing you twerps he gave us 3 titles and bigtime fbs wins and gameday. Who cares if this kid is released probably doing ndsu a favor so he doesn't come here then quit week 2 because he misses his girlfriend
    I like Bohl and he played a big part in the three peat as the CEO and he gave us a good blueprint. But Klieman, Goeser, Roehl, Riley, and Polasak were all coaches on the staff who won Championships and probably had a bigger role than Bohl. The day the players learned about his departure on the web like the fans I lost a lot of respect for him. It even dropped another notch when they filled half their recruiting class with Bison recruits.

Dom's feature on WDAYtv on Tanner Volson and Luke Bacon, including vid highlights from ND Shrine game.

http://www.wday.com/content/two-inco...ivision-1-fall