Page 149 of 295 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2948

Thread: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Default Re: 2014 Recruiting prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    I'm sorry to go offtopic again, but I have to ask. Why is it ok for Polacek to do this but not Bohl? I've held my opinions to myself on this whole thing, but this is a hard situation to ignore
    Did Polacek have a stipulation in his contract? I don't know, but I do know that Bohl does.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Did Polacek have a stipulation in his contract? I don't know, but I do know that Bohl does.
    Said stipulation doesn't come into effect until Bohl is terminated. You could argue it's still highly unethical in which I would not disagree, but I would have a follow up question:

Polacek is still currently employed by NIU. Wouldn't it be unethical for him to recruit for someone other than his employer?

At the end of this all, I don't like what Bohl did/is doing, but to treat these as two different things is a little hypocritical if you ask me. I'm confident we'll get a great recruiting class despite this distraction, so in the end it means little-to-nothing.

What are all talking about.... the kid I mentioned simply had a list of schools he would consider if said school was interested (BTW NDSU WAS ON it, as we NIU and about 10 other schools) Nothing more nothing less.... its the kids wish list. NOTE, the kid is not a NIU verbal and there is no indication that the school has even talked to him....again apples meet oranges! My comment was if the kid liked NIU would the fact that one of ther coaches leaving sawy him to come to NDSU a school the kid also noted he liked.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    What are all talking about.... the kid I mentioned simply had a list of schools he would consider if said school was interested (BTW NDSU WAS ON it, as we NIU and about 10 other schools) Nothing more nothing less.... its the kids wish list. NOTE, the kid is not a NIU verbal and there is no indication that the school has even talked to him....again apples meet oranges! My comment was if the kid liked NIU would the fact that one of ther coaches leaving sawy him to come to NDSU a school the kid also noted he liked.
    Good post. None of us know all the details on each recruit so there is no sense in getting our shorts in a bind over who is recruiting who.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I'm sorry to go offtopic again, but I have to ask. Why is it ok for Polacek to do this but not Bohl? I've held my opinions to myself on this whole thing, but this is a hard situation to ignore

Maybe i missed it and i have yet to hear of polasek recruiting for ndsu while being paid by niu. Is that the case? which player had never heard from ndsu but is now being recruited by polasek to ndsu even though polasek was recruiting him to niu the whole year? Also struggling to find comments from polasek stating his focus is strictly on niu yet taking recruiting trips for NDSU. Find me one of those examples and you have a valid point.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Maybe i missed it and i have yet to hear of polasek recruiting for ndsu while being paid by niu. Is that the case? which player had never heard from ndsu but is now being recruited by polasek to ndsu even though polasek was recruiting him to niu the whole year? Also struggling to find comments from polasek stating his focus is strictly on niu yet taking recruiting trips for NDSU. Find me one of those examples and you have a valid point.
    No, with all the stuff being thrown around the past week I made an assumption based off one post. I was wrong - where's that facepalm emoticon?

No, with all the stuff being thrown around the past week I made an assumption based off one post. I was wrong - where's that facepalm emoticon?
    Understood, i think the only issue anyone should have is the timing of said offers. Put klieman and polasek in a head to head recruiting battle with Wyoming and i pick ndsu to win a majority of the time.

Interesting note Randy Hedberg is jackson morrisons recruiter for siu

So there will be cross over recruiting between NDSU and WY, SIU, WIU, Northern Illinois and probably some other schools before all said and done. I'll take who we get because we all know those are the kids who want to be here and want to be CHAMPIONS!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I have a new recruiting model. I call it the recruiting rumble. The concept is pretty easy really, All of the coaches get in a ring and however long you last is the order of you pick (WWF rules, if you go over the top rope you are out). After the last man is crowned, All of the recruits are lined up single file on a long ass wall (much like grade school) and the coaches commencement picking per the previous rumble ranking---last man standing first, first man over the top last ect. So much easier, plus it adds a whole norther aspect to the game.

Sams/John

Has the Whyoming offer to Vega been reported before? I know he verballed to Illinois St, just curious.

"@BlairRIVALS: #Wyoming offered Cedar Rapids Xavier LB/DL Daniel Vega today. Likely will visit there in January."
    Last edited by KyleK; 01-01-2014 at 01:10 AM.